Subaru WRX Forum banner

First dip into tuning

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  brfatal 
#1 ·
Hello all, Ive had my 2013 wrx Limited 5 door for about a year now. Haven't done anything but cosmetic mods up to this point but I finally decided to sell back my warranty and start this process.
so at 22,xxx miles
ordered Cobb AP v3 + sf intake
short trow shifter
invidia downpipe ( wanting to get the q300 catback when I get the cash)
heat wrap and turbo blanket.

just thought id share, but I do have a question about the tune.
would I be safe just running the maps on the v3? I live in north Carolina pretty close to sea level.

I think this is my first post I have been a lurker for a little bit.:nerd:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks, I'm trying to take it slow with her and not spend any unneeded money by getting it right the first time.

So far shes on the stage one Cobb tune and everything looks clean.

any suggestions are appreciated!
sway bars and struts are probably going to be my next research project.
As well as rims an tires I'm found of the RPF1s but not completely sold on them yet.

spent today cleaning her up so heres another pic:D

#6 ·
Heck yah man
I uploaded the stage 1 93 octane+SF tune. Definitely feels a lot smother and the no lift shift is amazing. Ill look into FP I've seen a lot of good things from them. Just want to have all my upgrades on before I drop more money into her.

#7 ·
I don't know if I have read any negative reviews on torqued performance. I just ordered an AEM intake and will soon order the V3 to go with it.

I was going back and forth between open source and an accessport so I figured might as well have the intake on hand when I decide what to do. Of course it won't be going on until I get the tune. My plan is to get the map from Eric and then that will be the first flash.

#9 ·
Was this meant for me or the OP? There was a good one in Colorado about 5 hours from me, but I'm worried about the altitude change and don't want to drive all the way there just to have to make more revisions remotely when i get home. Cobb in Texas is around 7 hours or so from me. There is a PDX tuning that I don't know much about but they are also 5 hours from me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.