Subaru WRX Forum banner

Finally some modifications

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Redrunner 
#1 ·
I turned in my ION Redline (ya ya i know, its a saturn, but it was fast) for my 08 wrx over a year ago and have been chompin at the bit to dump some money into it. The problem was i had none. Until uncle sam sent me to iraq where im now making some better money. Im soon to return home and I have been ordering some goodies with the extra bucks Ive made. My stockness is going bye bye.

Here is the goodies:

bfgoodwrench 255x35/18 TA KDW
rota DPT 18x8.5 gunmetal
Megan racing coilovers
sti front lip
hella supertone horns
cobb short shift
perrin shifter bushings
Cobb DP
Cobb AP

Its my birthday christmas and welcome home present all rolled into one. I shouldn't have any problems with these should I? I dont think i have seen any bad reports with any of this stuff yet. I might have to roll the fenders for the tires but other than than i hope im good.

I havent posted on my forum much at all but I have been reading a lot. kudos to boostaddicts thread. Alot of the motovations to make this purchase came from watching his progress.

When i get back and get to installing Im going to post pics and impressions of everything. I cant wait. :D

See less See more
#6 ·
Dont forget the alignment after installing the coilovers. Im sure you know, just throwing it out there in case someone else thinks they can just change springs/struts without doing a good alignment. The list looks good. Be safe in Iraq, Im hoping to get over there soon too so I can add more to my car.

#7 ·
Clearance from the coils in the front for the 08+ is absurdly good. He could probably get away with 255 wide at +55 offset. Assuming the op is looking at rota 18x8.5" +48 wheels, he shouldn't be anywhere near suspension bits. Fender bits, like I said, will be an issue in the rear.

Can I say what a piece of junk those coils are though? Hmm, I should state that it's not megan's fault. There's no such thing as a decent set of coilovers in that pricerange, they all suck. Get yourself some good suspension bits like these instead:

Coilovers are about adjustments. If you aren't going to be playing with the dampers on a weekly basis, stick with a more standard spring+strut design.

#8 ·
I have progress springs on the car now... still too floppy. Plus with the much wider tires I figured coilovers would be waranted. Can you elaborate on why megan coilovers are "Junk" please?

From what I have read, rolling your fenders isnt too hard of a task. I have a couple of buddies back home who have done it before who I will consult.

From what Its looking like I might be able to swing injectors, fuel pump and a VF52 in april. Top Speed up in Atlanta will do the tunning for me and that should get me out of the 08 pit.

This stuff is awesome, im getting all gitty over this, it doesnt help short timers disease at all.

#9 ·
UPDATE:

Well Im done spending money for now and here is the install list once I get home.

BFGoodwrench geforce sport 255 35 18
Rota DPT hyperblack 18 x 8.5" rims
Invidia catted downpipe
Perrin cat-back exhaust
cobb AP
shifter bushings
SPT boost guage
hellatone horns
sti front lip spoiler
megan racing coilovers

Im also going to paint the front grill satin black to match the rear defuser area i painted the same color.

Im going to take some before and after shots and post em up. Its going to be epic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.