Subaru WRX Forum banner

Finally got a Subie

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  Western 
#1 ·
Hey everyone. I've been looking for a Subie for a while, and I looked at quite a few. But, I decided take the plunge and go with a brand new 2013 WRX STi.... And it's everything I've dreamed of since I was 12! Beautiful blue... Fast as snot, hugging seats, etc etc. I'm beyond excited. So, here she is! Haven't decided on a name yet tho lol Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Subaru impreza wrx sti
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru impreza wrx sti Subaru
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Subaru Subaru impreza wrx sti
Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Car Wheel
Vehicle Auto part Automotive exhaust Car Bumper
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#3 ·
Me too! Car's pretty much exactly what I wanted. Thus, as far as mods go, for the first time in a while, I don't have a list to just pop off anytime someone asks lol. Even these are the "Base" wheels, I like them a lot better than the other ones, so I'll probably keep them. I might, sometime in the future, purchase a nice summer set of wheels. I'll keep my eye on prices on Fog lights. As a dealer installed option, they're a little bit ridiculous. But I would like some fog lights. I think. Two or three years from now, I see more power coming out of it. Other than that, I frankly don't know what people do to these cars. Im definitely open to suggestions!

#7 ·
That goes without saying my friend! I'm new to Subies, but I been on forums and the car scene for as many years as I've been driving. That's what I'll be doing mainly for the first little bit. Month...two months? Something like that. I'll watch these threads and see what sort of problems are common, see what people modify, the big/popular/quality aftermarket parts, things to lookout for, etc etc etc. Im still just psyched that I actually own one!

#11 ·
Right now, Im just getting used to the car. The only goal I have would be to add some subtle cosmetic touches to the exterior and interior to make it a little bit more unique than something you would just find at a dealership. Like I said, a couple years down the road I'll look into more power, but for now I have to learn how to handle 305 horses plus all that torque.

#17 ·
Thanks my friend! I was looking at a few 06's myself. I wasn't planning on buying a brand new one....It just ended up that way. Lol. How long to the mod bug hits? As long as I can suppress it in favor of good taste, getting used to the 305 horses and 295 foot pounds of torque, and basically learn to handle this car. If small mods count as the mod bug, it's already hit me. But for bigger mods, I have to suppress the urge. Lol.

#21 ·
Makes me excited to go down the driveway dude! Lol. I can't wait to go get groceries....I can't wait to go here. Heck, I've already taken it out a couple times just to drive it, and the roads are nothing special around here like they are in the mountains where I go to school. They're just roads...but I just wanted to drive the darn thing.

#25 ·
Nice ride! World Rally Blue has to be one of my top favorite colors of Subaru's. Sonic yellow is up there too. I'm with you on getting used to the power, I've had my wrx a little under a year and still ge surprised at the power when I'm not paying attention FOL

#26 ·
If you fail to drive that amazing car hard like it was designed to do, I'll kill you! [Kidding, man. :)]

When I got mine (blue '09 STi), it opened the doors for involvement in Nav Rally, Auto-X, performance driver training, lapping days and leadership in a car Club executive committee.

You're going to love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.