Which exhaust and BOV recomended? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Send a message via AIM to SuBeast
Which exhaust and BOV recomended?

I've been researching the HKS Hi-power cat-back, and i love the look, but it still is a little quiet... I heard the Tanabe Concept G Blue on YouTube, and i love the sound! But i'm still not sure what exhaust i would get... I actually don't even own my wrx yet, but i might get an 02, but i'm shooting for an 05 wrx... love the interior on the 05...

And i was going to get the HKS SSQV, but i've heard stuff and whatnot, so idk what i should get... Any recomendations a nice sounding exhausts and BOVs, thanks

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
1990 Civic time-attack project
1990 Toyota Hilux - daily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-30-2007, 02:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

xmoniewrx is an unknown
I have the Tanabe concept G Blue and holy sh## it sounds awesome, as for BOV I would hold off until your car is ready for upgrade with supporting mods.
#3 Old 11-30-2007, 03:30 PM

mosc is a helpful contributing member
Garage
neither will increase your horsepower. The BOV often causes horsepower ROBBING issues as well. I'd particularly avoid BOVs. If you want more noise from the intake side than remove the intake silencer or get a short ram from SPT or COBB

04 STi 16G powered lagless fun
04 WRX: SOLD
#4 Old 11-30-2007, 03:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

hi-power WRX is an unknown
hks hipower does the job for me...u just got 2 luv the sound of the exhaust..,,grrrrrr...ohh and the bov...i have the hks...new one...sounds great.....u get lots of attention....but i took it of....i might sell it...dont know yet..
#5 Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

wrxroberts is an unknown
Invidia n1 race exhaust gets my vote. full catless turbo back sounds mean as hell
Invidia n1 race exhaust

Add to My Profile | More Videos
#6 Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 PM
WRXtuners Member

robert.lshoc is an unknown
ERZ TBE catless cnt go wrong for 370 shipped and it sounds awsome. Sorry dont have a sound clip.
#7 Old 12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosc View Post
neither will increase your horsepower. The BOV often causes horsepower ROBBING issues as well. I'd particularly avoid BOVs. If you want more noise from the intake side than remove the intake silencer or get a short ram from SPT or COBB
I thought that's why HKS made the SSQV, so it doesn't surge or whatever and make you lose power. Because i know that some BOVs that just shoot it out in one burst will make you lose power, but the SuperSequentialBOV is in several small bursts so you don't get robbed. IDK i could be wrong, that's just what i think.

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#8 Old 12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

SuBeast is on thin ice
Garage
Oh and i was thinking of buying the K&N typhoon intake. I think it gains 12hp...

FAST
RELIABLE
CHEAP
Pick 2
2006 STi
#9 Old 12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBeast View Post
I've been researching the HKS Hi-power cat-back, and i love the look, but it still is a little quiet... I heard the Tanabe Concept G Blue on YouTube, and i love the sound! But i'm still not sure what exhaust i would get... I actually don't even own my wrx yet, but i might get an 02, but i'm shooting for an 05 wrx... love the interior on the 05...

And i was going to get the HKS SSQV, but i've heard stuff and whatnot, so idk what i should get... Any recomendations a nice sounding exhausts and BOVs, thanks

New to the site???? Ready to post??? Please Read Me First!!!
BOV and CAI discussions - read before you ask about one
Hey Newbie - read the FAQ forum before you ask!

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#10 Old 12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd4life is an unknown
Im going to have to agree with dumdum. Before you start posting up, do your searches. There is a great possibility that your CAI, BOV, and Exhaust have been asked and answered before. I understand the the want for quick responses to your exact questions, but at the same time... Use that handy little SEARCH tool at the top right of the toolbar.
#11 Old 12-04-2007, 11:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

JiveMasterT is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuBeast View Post
Not sure why, but the BOVs 101 I wrote ages ago has been deleted or something. Here it is on another site (slightly updated): http://###############/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32

I had a recirculated SSQV and it was very quiet. I'd get a short ram intake if you REALLY want the sound. I have the APS BPV because I wanted to make sure I wouldn't have to deal with a leaky stocker at over 20psi on the dyno. I like it.

(BTW my take on intakes... http://###############/forums/viewtopic.php?t=312)

All in all this stuff can be found through reading. Just keep reading forums until you know everything haha... then search some more.

Patrick - 2007 STi Limited
▼SbiΣ Mi▼
#12 Old 12-04-2007, 11:37 PM