Subaru WRX Forum banner

exhaust

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kxiong2016 
#1 ·
Hi guys so I have an stock 2012 wrx sedan and I want the car to sound a little aggressive. I was thinking of getting an up pipe and downpipe
is that a good idea?

#4 ·
If you plan on changing exhaust components other than a catback you will need a tune. On the 2012 you really should tune any time you change intake or exhaust components. An up pipe and down pipe will make the car sound slightly more aggressive but if sound is your goal you should be looking at mufflers and mid pipe or cat back systems instead of performance parts.

As far as more aggressive sound I like the sound of borla exhaust components and the relative quiet of mad-dad whispers. Listen to a few youtube videos and pick one you like.

hope that helps.

#6 ·
Straight pipe = Legend Rumble Unlocked

But in all seriousness there are so many exhausts out there its hard to pick one. I have an SRS Tuning exhaust and love the tone. Low on idle an roars on WOT. But I also have a straight pipe to throw in now if I need everyone else to hear me in a 20 mile radius

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.