Electric Cutout? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 27 Old 12-23-2013, 06:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Nahh Keith.... it's the ones that drive 50 in the fast lane..... or the ppl that walk their dogs that I remember dropping a load on my effin lawn and leaving it for me to step in.

Oh, forgot about this most recent July 4th..... Ppl in the neighborhood popping fireworks off till 4am.... I was PISSED. So, at 5am I disconnected my catback and ran around the hood like a crazed lunatic. I get back at 6am and the wife looks at me and says "do you feel better"? Yes I do honey...yes I do.

No sound ordinance out here.... goes both ways.
Paul open dp I bet the neighbor hood loved that
Nathan21 and Subarufan123 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 Old 12-23-2013, 07:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I be lettin em know.... uhhhhh

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #18 of 27 Old 12-23-2013, 08:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Nahh Keith.... it's the ones that drive 50 in the fast lane..... or the ppl that walk their dogs that I remember dropping a load on my effin lawn and leaving it for me to step in.

Oh, forgot about this most recent July 4th..... Ppl in the neighborhood popping fireworks off till 4am.... I was PISSED. So, at 5am I disconnected my catback and ran around the hood like a crazed lunatic. I get back at 6am and the wife looks at me and says "do you feel better"? Yes I do honey...yes I do.

No sound ordinance out here.... goes both ways.
You and I must be married to the same woman....I have done this same thing, only mine was from the douche nozzle playing is G-funk Homie music til 3am when I have to be to work at 6am..I don't sleep NO ONE DOES!!!
pzr2874 and turmic like this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
post #19 of 27 Old 12-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
That sounds like you for sure Keith, and for the one who started this post, going with 3" from your turbo back with just a Cobb DP is dangerously loud! Trust me the busy way to avoid getting pulled over is when you see a cop is to up shift a gear or two and your safe not need for cut outs, just gives another thing to go wrong on your car that is not needed
Subarufan123 likes this.
post #20 of 27 Old 12-23-2013, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Subarufan123 is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan21 View Post
That sounds like you for sure Keith, and for the one who started this post, going with 3" from your turbo back with just a Cobb DP is dangerously loud! Trust me the busy way to avoid getting pulled over is when you see a cop is to up shift a gear or two and your safe not need for cut outs, just gives another thing to go wrong on your car that is not needed
Exactly why I asked, wasn't sure if they were safe for my WRX, and I was just curious how the install was difficulty wise. I want my car loud but I know alot of people don't want em loud so I was trying to think of some ideas that might possibly allow me to control noise level a little. I will be running the OEM DP like I've been doing even though I know it's still going to be ridiculously loud with or without an aftermarket DP. Thanks for the tip! If that works then I won't really worry about it.
post #21 of 27 Old 12-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
If you are still really keen on running cut outs, I can give you a number to a exhaust shop here in Cali that does all my work, he actually does a lot of cut outs on drift subies out here and he can give you all the info you can think of on then but personally since this will be you DD car you don't want to run something like that on your car because that is just one extra thing to go bad, trust me, going a muffler delete and a 3" pipe is crazy loud!! Because my sound system my car is the loudest car in my city, just be smart about when u rev up your motor is all I can tell you

I have posted a video recently of a clip of my exhaust on a strait pipe thread, you should check it out, but when you do it is about 5x more loud in person then with the video
Subarufan123 likes this.
post #22 of 27 Old 12-24-2013, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
If you are still really keen on running cut outs, I can give you a number to a exhaust shop here in Cali that does all my work, he actually does a lot of cut outs on drift subies out here and he can give you all the info you can think of on then but personally since this will be you DD car you don't want to run something like that on your car because that is just one extra thing to go bad, trust me, going a muffler delete and a 3" pipe is crazy loud!! Because my sound system my car is the loudest car in my city, just be smart about when u rev up your motor is all I can tell you

I have posted a video recently of a clip of my exhaust on a strait pipe thread, you should check it out, but when you do it is about 5x more loud in person then with the video
Yeah, I dont normally haul in my WRX. I'm normally cruising in the lower rpm range. 3-3.5k rpm's. I should be okay, just going to be careful. I dont see any reason why I should get pulled over when the Mustangs, Camaro's, and diesel's all run aftermarket exhaust. Any way you could post the thread in a reply?
post #23 of 27 Old 12-24-2013, 01:57 AM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
On the fence about exhaust systems, 2013 WRX Wagon

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
post #24 of 27 Old 12-24-2013, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Sweet man, love it. I can tell the video doesn't do it justice. Sounds pretty insane!
post #25 of 27 Old 12-24-2013, 01:20 PM
Premium Member

Nathan21 is an unknown
So trust me, going with what I have is illegal here in Cali but like I said, what ever you do, just be smart with it, because I don't want to see you posting up on here that you have to get a new exhaust because your in trouble with the cops
Subarufan123 likes this.

Nathan
2011 WRX Premium
2012 Fozzy
1979 C3
Anti-BOV Gang!
post #26 of 27 Old 12-24-2013, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

Claythrow is an unknown
As said above, not hard to do. But in your area, unless this is not your DD, it's not ideal for sealing purposes & seen them fail many times in areas like yours as well.

Personally, Id opt for a compromise instead of a cutout.
Nathan21 likes this.
post #27 of 27 Old 12-24-2013, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
So trust me, going with what I have is illegal here in Cali but like I said, what ever you do, just be smart with it, because I don't want to see you posting up on here that you have to get a new exhaust because your in trouble with the cops
I have that covered. I'll more than likely be hard headed and keep it on even if I get in trouble lol. I'm not an obnoxious driver who likes to show off or anything though so I don't think I'll get in to much trouble. I have my current setup so if anything I can always switch back. Not gonna buy a new setup after this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claythrow View Post
As said above, not hard to do. But in your area, unless this is not your DD, it's not ideal for sealing purposes & seen them fail many times in areas like yours as well.

Personally, Id opt for a compromise instead of a cutout.
It's my daily, after hearing about the problems with cutouts I want be installing one on my car. Just going to be careful with how I drive my Rex.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement