Ej205 in a 2006 WRX? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Frankensubie

Ej205 in a 2006 WRX?

So I bought a 2002 wrx and kinda got ripped off it was my first car so I didn't really check anything out car started and drove so I thought it was all good but took it home stripped the car and rockers and inside the quarter panels were rotted pretty much gone to be honest, so I planned on buying a 2006 WRX shell and I want to swap the motor and tranny over is there any issues that I have to look out for or I should be aware of before doing this ? Is there any issues at all? I know I have to swap the wiring harness and ecu stuff but besides that's what else do I need to watch for ??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-09-2017, 09:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

RoboTuner is known to be trustworthy and helpful RoboTuner is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yes, if you live in a state with emissions you will need to re-register the VIN as a 2002 wrx as the ECUs are completely different, otherwise you will fail inspection. Also I there are other things like Final Drive Ratios and unless you swap over EVERY wiring harness you will run into issues swapping a 205 into a 255 chassis. Have you tried seeing ho wmuch you can get for the whole car, etc?
post #3 of 3 Old 05-13-2017, 09:27 PM
Frankensubie

sorry for the late reply I got busy havent had a chance to check the forums... i bought the shell and dont really feel like selling the cars i really want to build this... i know live in canada so i heard it may be abit harder to do my emissions and what not, not fully sure how i go about changing the vins and making everything approved but i will figure that all out later.... i intend to swap over all the wiring harnesses and the ecu i just wanted to make sure that i wont have an issue getting the engine in and getting it running.. i already know i will have an issue with the drive by wire but i already have a fix for that, i dont have a huge understanding of cars so im not sure about final drive stuff etc.