Subaru WRX Forum banner

Dump-valve exhaust for hawkeye WRX?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
Is there a way to have an exhaust setup similar to a Ford GT350/GT350R? I'd like to have the ability to switch between loud on the streets, and "quiet" for a neighborhood. I just don't want my neighbors to hate me every time I start up my car.

#4 ·
Depending on what state you live in those may not be strictly legal. Test pipes and "off road use only" pipes are really only track legal in most states. I defenitly appreciate you looking for a better option to be respectful of your neighbors.

I think the part your looking for is an exhaust butterfly valve. again its something that wouldnt pass CARB inspection but it essentially a butterfly valve with a solenoid to control weather the exhaust is routed to a muffler or directly to atmosphere.

One other note keep in mind that switching to a direct dump or straight passthrough exhaust system will cause changes in your rear O2 sensor readings. It doesnt nessessarily mean you need a tune to flip that switch but it wouldnt hurt to talk to a tuner before hand and decide where you want the dump ( after your CAT I hope )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.