Subaru WRX Forum banner

Do I still need a tune?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  MKP53 
#1 ·
Hey, I installed a downpipe, exhaust, intake and a few other things. I was going to get it tuned but my air fuels (wideband guage) are still reading good numbers, should I still get a tune? Thanks!

#5 ·
Yeah, I highly doubt your car can "learn" how to scale your injectors to keep the A/F across the rpm range without a tune. So...get a Pro-tune. Because you said various other bits were added.

#6 ·
Just the downpipe was messing with my boost control a bit in a catted dp, so after all you have on there you would be smart to get a tune and then the car would seriously transform a bit. Although it's funny the A/F is still good with an after market intake (albeit later models handle them far better than newer ones), as mentioned with injectors along with a multitude of other components you are now stressing without monitoring, it might be a bit much for long term reliability there. Do you have a gauge for engine, exhaust, and oil temps? How do you know everything is so kosher then if you don't? It's worth the money for a pro tune no matter how you dice it boss! You're car will thank you and that smile on your face at WOT won't lie either!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.