Do I need to swap my wiring harness? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 05-13-2017, 10:32 PM
Frankensubie

Do I need to swap my wiring harness?

okay so I am swapping my 02 wrx motor and tranny (EJ205) into a 06 WRX shell, it has the wiring harness in it and so does my 02, but my question is can i use the 06 wiring harness with this engine or do i need to use the 02 wiring harness? Also another question do i need to swap the ecu and wiring harness? can i mix and watch the wiring harness with the different ecus? not formular with this stuff any help would be great

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-16-2017, 11:20 AM
WRXtuners Member

RoboTuner is known to be trustworthy and helpful RoboTuner is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I already answered you on your other post. Please do not make duplicate posts to try to get faster replies.

Yes you will need to swap the entire electrical harness from the 02 to the 06, yes including the ecu from the 02.

You will need to file for VIN change as the 02 wrx has the VIN in the ECU and will be read by the emissions testing pc so you will fail due to ecu/law changes, etc. You really need to research more before you get to much more involved. There's over 2 decades of swap info.