Subaru WRX Forum banner

Do all stock WRX clutches have a high engagement point?

11K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Subarufan123 
#1 · (Edited)
02-07's specifically, do they all have high engagement points? I've been curious about this for a while and wanted to get opinions. My Bugeye engages 3/4's of the way up from the floor. No signs of slippage what so ever. I've driven several of the newer STi's and WRX's and they all seem to grab 2/4's of the way up from the floor at least.

#2 ·
the 05 I rebuilt back in High school had a pretty low (like 1/3) engagement point but that was with an aftermarket 6 puck clutch. How many miles are on the current clutch? It could be wearing thin but not failing yet. OEM clutches run for a really long time if you dont beat on them and Ive had 2 cars with clutches that grabbed nicely until they day they didn't grab at all : (

You might want to check the clutch master cylinder, I used to install spacers between the clutch cylinder and the firewall to adjust clutch engagement height when everything is verified and working. I recently adjusted the pedal height on a buddys FRS by backing out the locking nut on the clutch master cylinder and screwing out the pedal yolk ( after disconnecting it from the pedal, DO NOT rotate the clutch master cylinder piston rod). I'm pretty sure the same applies to the 02-07 if you want the engagement height to be lower and to decrease the throw of the pedal a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.