Daily Drivin WRX needs more power - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-21-2008, 11:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

KawBoyz11 is an unknown
Daily Drivin WRX needs more power

Hi, my names Michael and im 18. I just recently purchased a black 2004 WRX, and i love it. Its my first turbo'd car, and i was wanting some advice on modding and tuning it. I dont want to rush into things, but I'd like to start planning and saving $$. My WRX will be a daily driver, and with that in mind I'd like to hit the 325-350whp mark. Ive read some threads and posts that have been helpful, but I'd like a bit more info. What parts and mods do you think I need to get to the 325-350whp mark while keeping it a daily driver? Also what order should the parts be installed in. Thanks in advance for the help and sorry if this question was answered in another section.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-21-2008, 11:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
I might be wrong but the only way the get a WRX to that many ponies is with a turbo upgrade. But to keep the stock turbo in and reach 300 hp will cost you big money.
#3 Old 01-22-2008, 06:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Longshot is a helpful contributing member
Send a message via AIM to Longshot
Read about the different stages. You'll want to open up the intake and exhaust system in the car before upgrading to a larger turbo, plus many other supporting mods that needs to go with it. You still need to read some more, try searching about stage 1, 2 and 3 to see what kind of mods go in each. Stage 3 is what you'd be looking at to hit 325-350 whp.

Mike
DTRacing Tuned
#4 Old 01-22-2008, 10:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

skatman is an unknown
i also am 18 and own a 04 wrx weird but the biggest problem iv ran into is that to get any more real power out of her you need to get the sti tranny without that all that power is going now where that would be one of my first things i would say to get i could be wrong tho
#5 Old 01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to psinuse is a WRX expert worth listening to
You don't HAVE to get a STi tranny to get that power to the ground, just drive with some sense and you would be okay (i.e. no 5K clutch dumps, power shifting or things of that nature)

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 SRP 2.34L
08' LGT Gears...
#6 Old 01-22-2008, 10:52 AM
drs
WRXtuners Member

drs is an unknown
how bout this: Drop in k&n filter see it on the bottom of your screen lil k&n action.
then go cobb AP (accessport/engine management) with Downpipe only or full turbo back exhaust. that is stage 2. then if you still feel the urge, scratchin and what not.... then you want bigger Inter cooler (on stock you want top mount) planning on bigger turbo go front mount. then get a re-tune by maybe pdx via e-mail or go get it protuned I.E. on the dyno.!!! COOL....... cool
#7 Old 01-22-2008, 12:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

"sub"erman is an unknown
You're looking at a full exhaust from the turbo back, up pipe (safety), bigger turbo, front mount intercooler, bigger injectors, Walbro 255 fuel pump, upgraded intake system (short ram), and the most important part - a tune. There's a plethora of information to be read about on this site, nasioc, & clubwrx.

BTW, welcome to the family.
#8 Old 01-22-2008, 01:26 PM
WRXpert

dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention dumdum is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Hey Newbie - read the FAQ forum before you ask!

Homebrewed tuned with Opensource!
#9 Old 01-22-2008, 07:21 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Just like stated above search around and read. As you read and learn about the car you will see what it takes and needed to make the power you want.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"