Car Decisions BRZ Sti? or keep putting money in my old WRX for Track? - Subaru WRX Forum
View Poll Results: What should I do with my money?
Continue to spend money on my 2003 WRX 0 0%
Save up for a BRZ STi 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-13-2012, 04:24 PM
WRXtuners Member

scruffydog is an unknown
Question Car Decisions BRZ Sti? or keep putting money in my old WRX for Track?

So I currently have a 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX. The only mods I have was what came with the car used.

Which was:
-Pro Drive Exhaust
-Pro Drive Tune up
-HKS Ground Kit
-K&N Intake
-Pro Drive Wheels
-Track Brake Pads
-Everything else is OEM

I use it as a daily commuter but I recently took my WRX to an open track in Thunderhill for the first time. I had a freaking blast out there but my car crapped out after 3 sessions due to misfiring on one of the cylinder. I got the car used and it has over 130K miles - I believe it's starting to fall apart.

All my buddies seem to have fast cars (C6, 370z, Mini Cooper S, G35, 350z, S2K, etc) and I thought to myself, I really want to spend some money in either, 1) fixing up this WRX for track or 2) buy a new car (Perhaps a BRZ STi) that I can enjoy in both everyday driving and on track as well.

What do you guys think?
Should I just get an everyday practical ride (Honda Civic) and throw money into turning my 2003 WRX into a track beast? As I am calculating in the cost of buying new suspension, bigger brakes, a new turbo Turbo, this is adding up fast!
Or should I just get a BRZ STi (newer, more reliable with a better platform & less things I need to fix/upgrade).

I'm so lost and I guess I just wanted some insights in what's the best way to spend my money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-13-2012, 04:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
There is no BRZ STI. Just a plain BRZ. (which is slower in a straight line than a 2012 Toyota Camry !Notfunny!)
#3 Old 04-13-2012, 05:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful rex2002 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via AIM to rex2002 Send a message via Skype™ to rex2002
stick with the rex and build that. like brfatal said there's no brz sti. who knows what the future models may have,but from what i read,the engine is set so far back and lower than the wrx/sti engines it may be hard to even add a turbo to it.but anything can be done. also keep in mind its rwd not awd. imo ill never drive anything but awd. dont get me wrong the brz's do look sick but there are to many "deal breakers" for me to sell the rex and buy a brz,b/c like you i to also thought about getting rid on mine to buy a brz