Car alarm - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

jizzlets is an unknown
Car alarm

I just bought a 2013 WRX. Does it come with a factory car alarm? Or do i need to purchase an aftermarket alarm?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

General-Leo is more helpful than not
[QUOTE=jizzlets;459970]I just bought a 2013 WRX. Does it come with a factory car alarm? Or do i need to purchase an aftermarket alarm?

It does have a factory alarm, but I can say that it is not the best alarm. My 2013 wrx was broken into a few months ago and the stole my double din radio. They stuck something next to the glass in my front door and stressed the glass to break it rather than smashing it in. and it never went off. so it depends on my sensitive you want you alarm to be.

If you don't feel comfortable with stock then you could look into aftermarket which I'm sure you already knew.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 01:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
they do come with a stock alarm, that said the stock alarm is pretty much just a blinking red light that keeps honest people honest. I have tried to get the alarm to go off and it pretty much takes someone jogging into the car to set it off. I think Subaru offers a high sensitivity upgrade for the 13. I think the part number is H7110FG000. It provides a secondary shock sensor on the driver side dash panel that is very sensitive to vibration. Im pretty sure it also has an adjustment so you can tune it to be more sensative.

There's always viper aftermarket units, I'm a huge fan of their products but the installs are not something that I recommend doing yourself. Ive been doing installs foryears and its still more of a hassle than a 6 pack and a pizza will compensate for. Last I checked you can remote start, control AC and even setup a NO KEY proximity entry with the new models.

Just my .02cents.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch - Cobb OTS Stage 1
post #4 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 04:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

General-Leo is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticscythe View Post
they do come with a stock alarm, that said the stock alarm is pretty much just a blinking red light that keeps honest people honest. I have tried to get the alarm to go off and it pretty much takes someone jogging into the car to set it off. I think Subaru offers a high sensitivity upgrade for the 13. I think the part number is H7110FG000. It provides a secondary shock sensor on the driver side dash panel that is very sensitive to vibration. Im pretty sure it also has an adjustment so you can tune it to be more sensative.

There's always viper aftermarket units, I'm a huge fan of their products but the installs are not something that I recommend doing yourself. Ive been doing installs foryears and its still more of a hassle than a 6 pack and a pizza will compensate for. Last I checked you can remote start, control AC and even setup a NO KEY proximity entry with the new models.

Just my .02cents.
Damn maybe I didn't get the right model of viper alarm, but mine couldn't do all that. I didn't ask about AC control, but i was told that you cant get the proximity entry. (without leaving the key in the ignition, and I didn't want to do that) but I got remote start. lol