Subaru WRX Forum banner

Caliper options for 03 WRX

19K views 29 replies 10 participants last post by  Clutch 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 WRX 2.0 turbo. I need to know if STI brembo calipers or 2005 and up WRX calipers will bolt up on my WRX. (quad piston front Duel piston rear) thanks guys!

#3 ·
sti front brembos will bolt up to your car. however you will need the 04' 5x100 rotors. for the back however there are different backing plates for the calipers. you can either switch backing plates or use an adapter bracket. the other issue is that the sti parking brake has a 190mm drum and yours is 170mm. there are rotors made to compensate for that though.

#6 ·
yea i do have 17" but i love being able to put my 16" back on in the winter o well.. umm no offense guys but "ive heard" is not really good enough information, im about to spend, well alot of money in my book on calipers i need to know exactly what will work

so your saying either STI or newer WRX quad piston calipers will bolt up to the front spindles but id have to get the bigger rotor?

and the rears will not bolt up witout and adaptor plus id have to get bigger rotors plus id have to fix the E brake drum size? did i de code that correctly?

#10 ·
how much are you paying for the calipers? after you get all the parts you need for the swap you could have just bought a kit. There are a lot of companies that have big brake kits made specifically for you car, it might be cheaper to buy a Stoptech kit or something, then you have all the parts you need for the swap.
shit these ones are pretty cheap, and there 600 dollars off RallySportDirect.com - Brembo Subaru WRX / 04 STi GTR Big Brake Kit

#12 ·
witch is exactly why i dont wana have to do all the conversions.

still noone has told me if i can bolt up 05 and up WRX 4pot calipers/front 2pot/rears
(the red calipers with SUBARU on them)

i see sets of the brembos going for less than a G so thats still alot cheaper than a kit. so the reg WRX calipers have to be less then the STI brembos

#15 ·
dont really matter what kinda driving im doing the stock calipers on the 03 WRX are total shit and no good for any kinda of driving...

no im sry i totally over looked the link that you posted ok so the best bet is getting 06 n up WRX calipers, keep my stock rotors and i just need the mounting bracket adapter to bolt up the rear calipers. i'll still be able to use my 16" in the winter. hope i read that correctly.

#18 ·
if you get 06 07 4pot 2pot you only need a rear bracket, but they wont clear 16 stockers from my experience (helped someone put them on an 02 wrx) but we didnt try spacers like jwtarbaj mentioned

and on nasioc i see the usdm 4pot 2pot sets go for around 800, cause i have been lookin ever since i helped put some on another subie

#22 ·
Ok so i actually have money in hand now lol... its a toss up between the stock 2006 4pot fronts for $700, the pads are lets over price and say $100 so $800. or the ROTORA caliper kit for $1075 witch includes 4pot calipers stainless steal lines and pads. ALSO they will fit under stock 16 inch wheels.. a big plus for me.

basically does anyone here use the ROTORA calipers ? and what do you think.

cause for the extra 200 something bucks them fitting under stock wheels and getting the lines sounds like the best bet for me. unless someone has them and says they are garbage...

Link to Rotora calipers

Caliper Kits for the Subaru WRX from HorsepowerFreaks

Link to stock 06 calipers

Subaru 4-Pot Front Brake Calipers Subaru WRX 02-05

#23 ·
You should also consider availability of replacement pads/parts. With the 06-07 4-pots you can walk into the Subaru dealer and get anything you need for them.

Additionally, you can use these calipers Subaru 4 Pot Front [ 4POTKIT ] - SubaruWRXParts.com

They are exactly the same as the red ones just not painted the pretty red color and a little cheaper than the red ones. My link also includes all the hardware (anti-rattle clips, PADS etc) your link does not include the pads.

#25 ·
Yea i thought the same thing about pad/part availability right after i posted that.. ok so stock 06 calipers in black it is..! i was just messing around with a 350z on the highway b4 and really could have used the 4pots lol cant w8 to get'em!

i also noticed while looking for calipers they had a brake master brace. so when u push hard on the pedal the master wont bend off the firewall. so i had my buddy hop in a mash on the brake pedal and 100% i can see the master moving. think im gona fab something up myself to stop it. anyone use one of thos before?

#27 ·
you mean 4pot calipers? and im gona assume that ppl have tried and like the master cyl braces? well im actually selling my gixa 1000 today so i was looking to pick thos calipers up soon let me know!

ahh i see.. well im just getting the front 4pots for now. and master cyl brace im gona make myself, ive done a good amount of metal fab in my day : ) i'll post some pictures when im done see if you guys like it maby i can make a few for you guys.

#28 · (Edited)
Itte so i got my 06 4pot calipers W/ Goodrich braided lines today : ) i went easy on them for a while let the pads settle in but you could tell right out of the driveway HUGE improvement im happy with them !Thumbs Up

now as for SubaruWRXparts.com im am not happy with. I grab the box from the UPS guy today and what do i see, red calipers sticking thru the bottom of a huge box. The absolute GENIUS that packaged the calipers put all the bubble wrap on top of the calipers, so they came thru the thin cardboard n got all marked up. not to mention i ordered the calipers in Black not red.

now i did call them and they said they would take care of it but i mean common. I don't want to wait another couple weeks b.c you couldn't get it right the first time..

#29 ·
now as for SubaruWRXparts.com im am not happy with. I grab the box from the UPS guy today and what do i see, red calipers sticking thru the bottom of a huge box. The absolute GENIUS that packaged the calipers put all the bubble wrap on top of the calipers, so they came thru the thin cardboard n got all marked up. not to mention i ordered the calipers in Black not red.

now i did call them and they said they would take care of it but i mean common. I don't want to wait another couple weeks b.c you couldn't get it right the first time..
That is odd, I have ordered tons of parts from them (prob 15+ orders) and never had a problem. If you paid for the black price and got red I guess you got a free bonus. I know my lack of problems doesn't help with yours but I would certainly rate them very highly. Hope they take care of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.