BOV's And Newbs - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 03-03-2012, 02:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrxCruising View Post
Get a intake instead, amazing sound comes out of it.
Your joking right?

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 03-03-2012, 03:26 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WRXLMTD View Post
<---- Newb i jut ordered my 2012 WRX 4 door about 2 weeks ago and unfortunately already ordered and received a Turbosmart dual port BOV was well as an Invidia Q300 cat back, Process West TMIC from rallysportdirect. Reading this thread is making me second guess my purchase of that BOV.... Should i return it???
I would...I read your other post and was gonna tell you that. Wouldn't do the uppipe either...no need for it. As for the rest of your part list, its ok but it seems you are spending a lot of money on parts that you could get better and cheaper elsewhere.( other than the dealership)

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
#18 Old 03-03-2012, 03:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

2012WRXLMTD is an unknown
The only reason I'm doing dealership is because it gets added to the financing of the car and I get supplier discount Subaru VIP ftw!
#19 Old 03-03-2012, 05:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

bad grocerygetter is a helpful contributing member
Ahh... Check your post there is a response grime someone else on there also

Kevin.
Cobb ap stage 2 ots, catless uppipe, catless turboback, Cobb Sf intake.
#20 Old 03-03-2012, 05:35 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllExtinct View Post
Your joking right?
The thing he forgot to mention is a tune with your intake.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#21 Old 03-03-2012, 07:35 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
You do get a sound from doing just an intake, at least on my 07 I did. Then I added a BOV/BPV and it was increased even more. Its a drivers preference. If I were to do it all over again, probably wouldnt have gone past stage 2 as there are days I cant stand all the sounds my car makes.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#22 Old 05-16-2012, 06:06 AM
WRXtuners Member

th3118 is an unknown
Is the stock STI BOV better than my WRX one? I am running 19 psi and worried about it leaking.
#23 Old 05-16-2012, 08:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Should be the same... I don't think it's like the older WRX's/STi's

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#24 Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
WRXtuners Member

TWHITE757 is an unknown
I have a go fast bits 50/50 valve installed on my 07, its set at 50/50 and have not experienced any problems, no stalling, no cel, car runs fine
#25 Old 05-22-2012, 06:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

atech34 is an unknown
I am running a Go Fast Bits fully adjustable on my 02 Wrx I have it set to full atmospheric dump and I also have not had any side effects, it runs the same as it did with the stock Bov.

I will be going to the dyno in a couple weeks and will have the tuner check if there is a huge difference with a full recirc and so on to full atmospheric dump, I am well aware that as the intake is a maf setup the metered air is being dumped thus causing a rich state, but how long is it really running rich to cause damage?
#26 Old 05-22-2012, 06:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
GFB is not a super over produced product like the HKS ssqv or the Turboxs RFL, although when I was running my rfl at first, it was closer to normal than when it was on there for a bit. but Than when I finally went back to the stock bpv....night and day.
Not saying that you cant have a good brand/well designed one and be fine, because you can. But I also guarantee that if you guys ran them full recirc. than long term, you would enjoy them more.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#27 Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM
WRXtuners Member

atech34 is an unknown
I absolutely agree with you, because there is a definite rich state that occurs and over time that could be harmful, but for now I fully enjoy the sound of rice (which is what I think most that oppose the sound in the first place would call it even though rice is cosmetic) but I like the sound personally, and like I said I will check on the dyno if there is a huge difference in power at full recirc to full vent.
#28 Old 05-23-2012, 04:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Its sounds real nice when you throw on a DP then you get to hear the turbo alot more.
Sounds so sexy!

Cobb Accessport Stage 2.
JDM ej205 swap.

Hakuna Matata.

Chuck.
#29 Old 05-23-2012, 05:11 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Yes sir......RICE!!! Haha, enjoy it while you like it, it will get old. And you will get sick of every cavalier trying to race you.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#30 Old 05-23-2012, 05:29 PM
WRXtuners Member

atech34 is an unknown
Come onnnn you know you love that sound, if it weren't for the cavaliers trying to race you you would have it too. But honestly I don't see myself going below 50/50. I have never street raced either and do not plan to, I laugh more at the people who try to race me that is true RICE right there too immature to understand why you build a car in the first place. For me I just simply enjoy the look and sound of the Subaru and when I race it on the track its so I know when I laugh at that kid who wants to race me on the street it's because I probably know more about their car than they do and my numbers from the track can back up my skill on a street without having to race someone over my Bov.

But to stay on track with the thread I 1000% agree that a stock Bov is well capable of handling stock boost pressures and is better off being recirculated back into the intake due to the maf. If you can find a good Bov that will handle your future mods and more boost or just want to make sure that old 100k+ miles stock Bov isn't going to leak when you up the boost I say have something fully adjustable as you can always go back to full recirc with the turn of a knob if you have problems.