Subaru WRX Forum banner

BOV problems

16K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  Fidrat 
#1 ·
Okay, tonight I installed a Perrin Recirc BOV and once i got it hooked up and properly installed i turned my car on and drove it and was not getting any boost blow off sound...what would cause this and what do I need to change? Really needing some help because i have to drive it and i know that if the boost levels are messed up it can cause damage over time...please gimme some answers..

Thanks
Bryce M.

#4 ·
Have to get a vent to atmosphere one, which messes with the ecu because the stock one recirculates the air back into the intake. Might be able to get away with a 50/50 one pretty sure Perrin makes a adjustable one If you really want the sound. If I was you I'd save my money and buy a downpipe. And a Cobb access port. You'll be much more happy rather then just having something that sounds cool but isn't doing anything for performance

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#7 ·
what the hell im new here but i think u need to do this for the sound...

Recirculating or Vent to Atmosphere
This universal fitment has large 1.325" tube connections for easy installation. Simply disconnect the recirculating hose and let your blow off valve vent to atmosphere on cars using speed density type ECU's (Cars with no MAF)

u want it to vent to atmosphere.

#19 ·
BOV's are 99% garbage and need adjusted.
Your stocker bpv is better unless your built heavy.
If you want the sound you need to put a plug on the intake hose down under your tmic.

IMHO, go back to stock unless you like being the guy that stalls out at every red light and has a car that reeks of gas

#26 ·
Yea,your right. He didn't know it was a noisemaker that decreases performance until we told him.

We need to get him a subscription to Grassroots Motorsports and introduce him to auto-cross and the SCCA so we can nip this in the bud.!Thumbs Up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.