Subaru WRX Forum banner

Boost control

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BLAZE2099 
#1 ·
What r your guys thoughts on a manual or electric boost controller? I went stage 2 a few weeks ago and I haven't been completely satisfied with the results. I had my car protuned for stage 1 and the turbo felt like it had great pull. Since going stage 2 I got the AP and stage 2 is cool but it's a broader range of power so I don't get much turbo lag and I don't really feel the pull of the turbo anymore :-(. Feels like I'm driving a V6. Do u think it makes sense to get a boost controller so I can adjust when my turbo spools to feel it more or try a protune and see if that'll satisfy me. Thoughts?

Also, maybe I'm not getting the power I should b getting. Willing to record some data logs and post em if anyone knows how to read em haha

Thanks guys

#4 ·
Yes, you stay away from cranking up your boost, you have a much higher risk of f'n up your car, plus your car needs to be taught what you want it to do, if you just go in and crank it up it will be very bad for it. Treat these cars like precious babies.
Grimspeeds three port is a great BC, just needs pro tuned for, so add it along with other mods to get your money's worth from your tune.

Ps. The gurus here will evaluate your logs if givin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.