Subaru WRX Forum banner

blaze yellow hood

23K views 109 replies 17 participants last post by  the RIOT act 
#1 ·
OK, so im picking up my blaze yellow bugeye on Friday, the guy that im getting it from is already the third owner and it had a lot done to it already when he bought it. The hood on it is c.f. and i would like to just have a stock blaze yellow one just to have it. If any body knows of one floating around, please do let me know. Im willing to pay well for it.... considering...THANX

#2 ·
First off, congrats on the rare car. They only made 450 of them in Blaze. As a previous owner, I can tell you finding parts to match is impossible. Get the cf hood painted. 200$ and you're set. I wish I had done that with mine, I had a crappy cf hood the whole time and wish I'd had it painted to match.

#3 ·
yeah i can paint mine to match and i have the know how to do it myself. Just thought that if i had any chance of finding an actual one in nice shape, it might be here.well anyway, thanx man, ive been shopping for one thats just right for a while, and for the price I paid I just couldn't pass this one up.

#7 ·
Only in 02, and only 450 made. So how many are now wrecked, modded to crap, or parted out that actually go up for sale, you know?
In 03, they changed to sonic yellow. Its a darker yellow than the Blaze, and they made like 1500 I think. but the sonic just looks like all the other yellow cars you see, the Blaze is distinctive i think.

#9 ·
I got it for 5500 with only 102k, already a few smaller mods but salty ones at that. recaro racing front seats hks full exhaust... turbo timer...super afc...ect ect... and yes 02 was the one year for blaze(blah-zay) yellow, and 250 of those were manual, which makes the 200 remainder autos, mine is a stick! then in 03 they released another yellow, in what looks to me as a brighter yellow called sonic yellow and yes you are correct, there were rite around 1500 of those made. No they're was no blaze in any year after, maybe another shade of yellow close to, but not blaze.....

#10 ·
Wow, that is an amazing deal. Do not ever sell that car, lol. Ya, there are really only 5 per state in a manual, so they are pretty hard to get ahold of.

I've seen guys paint blob and hawkeye's in blaze as an homage to the original, but 02 and 03 were the only year they did yellow WRX's. And blaze had a following that sonic never did ;)

#11 ·
well thanx again man, ill keep updated pics as well, four days till I actually pick her up, im super stoked to get back into a 4banger turbo awd. my 96 tsi awd caught fire and I actually cried watching it..lol. but now im back baby and ready to romp some muskrat ass!!!!!LOL!!

#15 ·
I threw some pics in the gallery for ya last night...lol..
I will have to keep on updating this thread as she grows, found another hood and ordered my new lip kit this weekend.
I got some STi tophats off a kid last week and found a set of STi springs to go along with them also;)
And another kid on NASIOC traded me straight up- I gave him my SSQV for a brand new STi roof/rear window wing..
That should get my body right about where I see that I wanna take it.
So take that stuff and a fresh coat of Blaze, should be show room worthy once again:)

#18 ·
Met the original owner today, and grabbed a Txs TMIC with RFL (which im selling) for just 200 bucks, and he has a blaze yellow parts car!!! So stoked about all of this;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.