Subaru WRX Forum banner

blaze yellow hood

23K views 109 replies 17 participants last post by  the RIOT act 
#1 ·
OK, so im picking up my blaze yellow bugeye on Friday, the guy that im getting it from is already the third owner and it had a lot done to it already when he bought it. The hood on it is c.f. and i would like to just have a stock blaze yellow one just to have it. If any body knows of one floating around, please do let me know. Im willing to pay well for it.... considering...THANX

#67 ·
Theres some stupid little Cobalt SS (t/c) that runs around yellow with black rims/yellow lip. Its different, not too bad looking I suppose. I think part of that also has to do with the design of the rim also.

#70 · (Edited)
Well I had three estimates done on some paint(just the non-yellow stuff) and all 3 were 2000 and above. So I pulled the old gun out of the shed, got out some sanding blocks and went to town.
This weekend I tackled the front, maybe next weekend I'll do the rear.

The hood, grill and front lip are now Blaze yellow. Color doesn't match exactly, but more than the black primer ,wrb and white pieces I've been rockin'

I'll post pics after I wet sand and buff;)

#74 ·
The paint matches most of the body:rolleyes:
Drivers fender and half the drivers door are a shade lighter, along with the front bumper and the front lower portion of the passenger fender. So some dumbass repainted those panels and blended. F**K!!!

As soon as I finish the rear and wet sand and buff than black out my grills, I'll get more pics up. All Blaze was definatly the way to go.!Thumbs Up

And paul, I aint skeered to let your freinds know I prefer dark meat...ROFLWTF

#79 ·
So I just got my final refinish estimate in the mail today. To refinish the hood,trunk/wing and lip kit plus fix a small dent in my pass. quarter panel, $3400. the cheapest estimate I got was $2000.
Man, I'm glad I have the know how to do it myself. Might take me a bit to get to the buffer, but Oh well.

Not too worried about blending either, considering that someday, Ill have the entire car redone. So for now I'm ecstatic with the job I have done so far(with the help of my wife). And that with paint, paper and putty, I'm MAYYYYBE, $200 in the hole.

I'll keep you guys posted, and add pics as this progresses.

And I will be spraying the lip on my wheels blaze yellow as well.:p

#84 ·

Still gotta black out the grills and add some under the hood shots.
but she's comin' along!!!

A good wet sand and buff still has to happen as well. Than at some point I will pull the wing and lip kit back off to RE-Spray. I'm not 100% with the results because on the wing and rear lip I was too anxious and sprayed my base right over my primer before a good prepping happened:(.
But from 10 feet away its a tubular job;)

#85 ·
Like the monster hood scoop :p was that on that hood or did you find it aftermarket. I have seen the generic cf ones online but they don't have the aero lines that the sti ones have. There is a guy in tulsa with one and it just looks silly.

Ps car looks good, I'm no paint and body guy but I have a nice hook up, my cousin is a hell of a body guy. So if and when the day comes he is already drooling to block it up and respray it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.