Subaru WRX Forum banner

blaze yellow hood

23K views 109 replies 17 participants last post by  the RIOT act 
#1 ·
OK, so im picking up my blaze yellow bugeye on Friday, the guy that im getting it from is already the third owner and it had a lot done to it already when he bought it. The hood on it is c.f. and i would like to just have a stock blaze yellow one just to have it. If any body knows of one floating around, please do let me know. Im willing to pay well for it.... considering...THANX

#37 ·
athe headlights were on it when I got it..$$$$, they need polished though, but thanks Chuck.

Shes sexy. We should meet up on a weekend i live in pgh. So maybe we can do a get together i wanna see her in person as well
We're trying to put a Hershey meet together, I am pretty excited to meet you guys and your cars, Chuck and myself need to get our cars together for some photos, wouldn't you say Chuck?:D

#42 · (Edited)
Came with it, just a cheapy off eBay, but I seem to like the 04 style better than the Jdm, so I guess that's what I'm gonna rock. The mesh does serve a great purpose though, keeps the critters out.

And thanks Paul, I'm trying my best to make this car what I would like it to be.

#45 ·
They are, but I am getting picky wanting the divorced look as well. I saw them somewhere just dont remember exactly where. All the ones I'm seeing just look like any other old bellmouth.

#46 ·
Most divorced DPs arent really divorced, and provide no benefit over a bellmouth. Except that depending on what brand DP and turbo you go with, the flange in the opening of the DP has to be trimmed so that it fits properly.

#50 ·
I had a very smart mechanic in Minnesota lecture me about divorced downpipes being counterproductive because they merged exhaust streams by slamming them into each other further down the pipe compared to a bellmouth that facilitates a swirl mix of both streams smoothly without disrupting either. Divorced aren't really divorced for more than a foot generally, and where they do merge in, it's not a 4.5" wide piece of pipe at that point. No, I'd go so far as to say bellmouths are better not just equal.
I suppose that does make sense, looks like bellmouth is where its at.
I know that I saw an actual divorced one somewhere that came to an open end. It just dumped to the ground after maybe a foot and a half. I have searched for one in my free time over the past week though, coming up empty. So I guess bellmouth is the rout I'm going.

#49 ·
I had a very smart mechanic in Minnesota lecture me about divorced downpipes being counterproductive because they merged exhaust streams by slamming them into each other further down the pipe compared to a bellmouth that facilitates a swirl mix of both streams smoothly without disrupting either. Divorced aren't really divorced for more than a foot generally, and where they do merge in, it's not a 4.5" wide piece of pipe at that point. No, I'd go so far as to say bellmouths are better not just equal.

#58 ·
^ satisfied on what I'm getting.
Today I uninstalled the HKS EBCS and hooked up my GS EBCS.

now on to my new thang!,,lol
I am going to replace my cheap wheels soon and got looking around at different wheel threads.
Think I may want to go with white wheels, or should I stick with black?
Or I could do what Jon does and just spray them as my heart desires when ever I feel like changing them up, so maybe just find a nice set of used whatevers and do that.

Opinions please.

PS. If you havent noticed, I'm not starting new threads for my 10 million questions, I'll just keep adding into my old thread from before I picked her up. I think for the most part, you guys that care will keep up with it;) Thanks for all your info and input:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.