Subaru WRX Forum banner

Blast Plate

29K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  boo-key 
#1 ·
So I was telling a fellow subaru owner the other day of my concern with the WRX transmission being weaker than the STI one. while I'm sure its not a huge deal otherwise people wouldn't be buying the WRX's the thought is allways in the back of my head when ever I drive my car hard (which I like to do) that I'm going to tear something up. anyway a my friend recommended that I look into these and I thought I would ask everyone's opinion on here, and if nothing else introduce them to people that don't know about them... I had no idea it existed until 3 days ago.

Subaru BlastPlate - Moore Performance & Race Parts

Thanks in advance for your knowledge haha

#2 ·
Meh..After 114,000mi and 12years on the stock clutch in the same 5-speed tranny I quit worrying about it. I would like to see what EXACTLY this thing does. Looks like more "snake oil" to me. And if I hear "peace-of-mind" one more time I think I'm gonna' puke.:hurl:

#6 ·
Yes, I want some also. I have also read threads with cars of less hp breaking trans with the plates so, they are not bullet proof but, for someone on a tight budget like myself they are a nice piece of mind compared to the price of a built or sti trans. My opinion is that driving habits are directly related to most trans failures.

#10 ·
It should also be noted that the trans must be lowered if not removed to install the blast plates because of the length of the bolts that go all the way through the trans. You may get the lower ones in easily but not the top ones without lowering the trans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.