Beauty vs. Brawn To be or....to be - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
WRXtuners Member

Aven is an unknown
Question Beauty vs. Brawn To be or....to be

Hey everyone
I have a conundrum. Basically I can Stage two my car or get the body fixed and make her pretty again. My budget is about 1400-1800 bucks. The damage in the pictures will cost about 1800 to fix or I could spend that money on the BPM Super Pack w/accessport for 1500$. My car is almost stock atm with a K&N drop in, new NGK plugs, new fuel filter, and a SPT short throw shifter. Needless to say, Stage 2 would make the car much more fun but she would still look ugly and a little embarrassing. Plus it never gets washed because whats the point in shining up busted?

Whats the vote guys? Anyone have a hookup around Virginia that could help me out on the bodywork?

Thanks for the input!!!
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-18-2008, 01:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

BugEyedAWD is on thin ice
Send a message via MSN to BugEyedAWD
i think this doesnt need an opinion. But id do the body work.
#3 Old 09-18-2008, 03:47 PM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
Thats a tought one. I have a dent in my hood, and in my rear bumper. $1300 total between the 2 roughly. Im getting ready (I think and hope) to go to stage 2 soon. If it drives fine, I would go to stage 2, thats just me.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
#4 Old 09-18-2008, 03:54 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
I would do body first unless you live in a rural area, and this is prone to happen again. I bet you could just find a couple doors off someone parting out or junkyard for less then $1800.00.

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie
#5 Old 09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Yeah, you should probably get the damage fixed first and then save up for Stage 2 parts. I think you'll be happier in the long run.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#6 Old 09-18-2008, 09:03 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Does the damage extend beyond the 2 doors? If not I'd wait for a partout and get a couple doors. It'd be way cheaper. Either way, I love the way my car looks and it pains me to see even the little door dings I have. I'd probably do the body work first.
#7 Old 09-19-2008, 07:47 AM
WRXtuners Member

Aven is an unknown
ANyone haev a good source for parts in the Mid atlantic? I have not been able to find any Junkyards etc with newer Suby parts.
#8 Old 09-19-2008, 09:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

BugEyedAWD is on thin ice
Send a message via MSN to BugEyedAWD
i doubt your going to find a WRX in a junk yard unless your lucky. a good one at that. but i would get online and see if you can find someone who is parting one out. either that or just go to the body shop and have them do it. you would save time and money to just have the body shop do it.
#9 Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 AM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
They don't last long in a junkyard. Keep an eye on the classified's here, on Nasioc, and your local Craigslist - thats where I find partouts most often.
#10 Old 09-19-2008, 10:29 AM
WRXtuners Member

shamrock is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aven View Post
ANyone haev a good source for parts in the Mid atlantic? I have not been able to find any Junkyards etc with newer Suby parts.
Its in MI, but y2k imports is a subie salvage yard

Millennium Auto -Specializing in Subaru WRX STI

_Ryan_
2004 Wrb "BUGEYE"
http://www.misubie.com/
#11 Old 09-19-2008, 11:58 AM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
body parts wont make your car faster! Judging but how dirty your car is in that picture, you don't wash your car that often. (no offense). I would spend the money on the power mods.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
#12 Old 09-19-2008, 12:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

awd4life is an unknown
If it were me, I would fix the body. I would like that I was faster, but I wouldnt feel good about being fast, and having people admire it all while I was waiting for the inevitable, "What happened to the doors?" question.
#13 Old 09-19-2008, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

Aven is an unknown
I dont wash it very often because it looks terrible when you can see all the damage. I was living on a gravel road as well so it was pointless to wash it. I just moved into town so that what has prompted the question. I'll be able to keep it clean but there is no point unless I fix it. 570 and 490 for new doors BTW. THats dealer price.
#14 Old 09-19-2008, 02:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

BusyMind is an unknown
$1800 to fix that is a really good deal. I know it sucks to pay that much, but trust me when I say it takes a lot of labor hours to fix those doors. Paint materials aren't that cheap either unless the shop is doing a hack job... The shop I work at wouldn't even touch it for that low of a price. Dents on a body line or edges like you have can be trickier then others.

Maybe a local community college will have a class with some good students or teacher that can fix some of the dents and then go have it professionally painted. That way you might have enough money to fix it and to do some small mods. I'd search around and see what's available.

There are cool cars here
They're going to need a tune
Their engine should hold 350 whp
#15 Old 09-19-2008, 08:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

a.young is an unknown
I have both doors in PSM for a good price...

stage 2 STi...and still not enough