Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   anyone from NY willing to opensource my car (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/anyone-ny-willing-opensource-my-car-33248/)

Dsr5dragon 11-08-2012 03:00 PM

anyone from NY willing to opensource my car

Hello everyone, just wanted to know if anyone around FT Drum is willing to help me out with a stg 1-2 reflash for my 2012car wrx wagon?
After looking into a few threads does anyone know if its possible to run a stg 2 on the new 2011+ cars w/o any added mods given its dual exhaust and good stock air box?
Just figured id ask and know if i need to get a dp or cbe or something

Dsr5dragon 11-10-2012 10:09 AM

If anyone can help with a reflash or knows of a tuner shop in northern New York let me know or pm me pls thx

man show 11-10-2012 11:51 AM

You'll need an aftermarket downpipe to use any Stage 2 map. The cat back and air box have nothing to do with it - the issue is the restriction of the stock downpipe immediately after the turbo. The stock downpipe is basically a flat plate with a hole cut in it, whereas aftermarket downpipes are typically some variation of a bellmouth that tapers to a larger diameter pipe.

See this link for more info: [url=http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445812]Downpipe FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC[/url]

Also, I don't think this forum has too many members in the NY area. Try a Google search for reputable shops in your area. Good luck!

Dsr5dragon 11-11-2012 02:15 PM

I knew about the dp but ive also heard of several people runing a stage 2 setup.
all i want is to run closea to if not a 17psi tune on whatever stage map i can run without a dp change. Is it possible to port anything to compensate for the restriction of the dp or do i just need to eliminate the plate on the stock dp to improve flow?

man show 11-12-2012 12:58 AM

A Stage 2 power setup consists of an aftermarket downpipe and a "Stage 2" ecu reflash. You wouldn't want to use a Stage 2 map on a car with a stock downpipe.

You could get protuned with your stock downpipe on, but you probably wouldn't be able to crank the boost up terribly high. Why are you so concerned with keeping the stock downpipe on?

I haven't heard of anybody altering their stock downpipe to increase flow. You could probably grind just a tiny bit of material from the opening or cut out one or both cats, but any gains would really be pretty negligible. There are a variety of aftermarket downpipes available and plenty of different ways to get them inexpensively if that's a concern. Almost every aftermarket downpipe will be lighter in weight and flow more air.

Dsr5dragon 11-13-2012 07:49 PM

Yeah money isnt as freely available these days given a new baby:rocks: for what money i did have i bought a tactirx openport 2.0 and im rather good at tuning a car not just staging a car, but i also have a lot of small pieces of exhaust pipe sitting around and figured taking out the restriction from the dp would make my day easier than buying a $200+ dp and that i can do myself. So whats my max boost on the stock dp until i can modify it in a few weeks

pzr2874 11-14-2012 06:39 AM

15lbs safely

Dsr5dragon 11-14-2012 11:03 AM

15lbs doesnt seem accurate at all and the car is stock at 14.5 or so. Ive talked to many people on several sites and they've all said 17 and 18lbs on a good tune with dp

pzr2874 11-14-2012 12:43 PM

Go with these "other sites". Are you shopping for answers?

You can't expect people to know what you want out of the car. Only you know this.

Here you go:

Boost isn't the only parameter to take into account for a "safe" tune. Even if you turned the boost up to 17ish lbs... you might not be able to get all the other tables perfect.

Thought you asked for feedback without a DP. With a DP... hell.... 20lbs on a semi-aggressive map/tune is good.