Subaru WRX Forum banner

Any known TSB's listed?

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  OrangeDevil37 
#1 ·
hey guys im new here, looking at buying my first Subaru. I want to get a WRX 2015 limited, what I really want is a 07 or 08 sti with low miles no mods... ( I know, good luck on that). long story short, I would like to know if there is any common problems I should be aware of. im getting ready to get rid of my problematic Toyota Tacoma and the TSB list on that truck is huge. figured I would ask.

#2 ·
get the new wrx over the old STi. Used sports cars are generally a bad idea.

and the 07 vs 08 sti are pretty different. The 07 is the least of the GD and the 08 is the first of the GR. The suspension difference between the two is huge, as is the visual and the rather obvious 07 sedan only vs 08 hatch only.

#3 ·
I really liked the body style of the 07, I thought it's last year was in 08 but I was mistaken. either way im looking forward to getting a wrx. looked at the STI but for how I drive it may overkill. I like to drive and have fun but not to the limits where I would the STI for what its used for. I race bikes on closed course so I get all my speeding and nuttiness out before I hit the road. I have heard a lot about cracked ring landings and weak pistons. a friend on mine has fully built STI 09 and said the stock motor on these cars are not reliable in any way. I figured if I don't beat on it and take care of it, it wont be an issue?

#4 ·
06/07 have the same body style. 08 was a reboot. As long as you don't try and push too much power through the stock setup and are nice to it like you said, you shouldn't have as much trouble.

Problem is not everyone is that way, so who knows what you will be buying :|
^
From experience...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.