Subaru WRX Forum banner

Aftermarket, or go original?? (lights and bumpers)

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
I need to replace 1 foglight and 1 head light on my 03 WRX. I've done some research, and these have ended up costing me a lot more than I originally thought. I would like to hear some opinions on some aftermarket Headlights and Foglights, or some credible sites to buy these things.

In addition, I'm on the look for a front and back bumper. Would it be best for me to buy one that comes from some of the body kit websites that pop up, or perhaps contact a salvage yard? I'd prefer saving money, but if I can find, or if any of you know of some great bumpers that I could put on my vehicle that could be worth the extra dollars.

#2 ·
My personal reccomendation is to call around to pick apart yards and see if you can get one from a totaled WRX. Usually a few minutes of polishing compound can bring them back to factory clear. Last time I picked up a pick apart headlight I think I paid about $80. As far as aftermarket DEPO headlights are pretty solid and you can usually get them for about $200 per headlamp assembly. as for the fog lamps I would say pick apart first and If you cant find them at a local pick yard there are some online pick apart yards that will do the work for you for a fee of course.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.