30,000 mile maintenance - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-25-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

eTrain07 is an unknown
30,000 mile maintenance

Hey guys, kind of a dumb question. I have a stock 06 WRX (waiting until my warranty expires to start my modding) and it's approaching 30,000 miles. I wanted to get your guys opinion on whether I should take my car in for the "30,000 mile regularly scheduled maintenance." I've heard that all they really do is change your oil, rotate your tires, check your fluids, breaks, etc, and replace your air filter....All of which I can do myself. Is there anything else they do? Should I take it in for good measure? Let me know what you think...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-26-2008, 12:03 PM
WRXpert

nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to nagyhead is a WRX expert worth listening to
dosent your warrenty expire is 6000 miles? I would just do it all myself and save yourself some cash for when you start modding it.

Dom Tuned 2003 WRX Wagon
251.3 WHP
235.8 WTQ

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing
post #3 of 10 Old 01-27-2008, 12:33 AM
WRXtuners Member

tom_noland is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to tom_noland Send a message via Yahoo to tom_noland
hell yeah man. I went in today and talked to the techs there about my 30k and they told me it was bull.
post #4 of 10 Old 03-12-2008, 07:39 AM
WRXtuners Member

pddvl1 is an unknown
Quite wrong at my Subaru shop in phx, a 30k service, is air filter,oil change, fuel filter,if applicable,replacement of rear diff fluid,front diff fluid, auto trans flush if applicable, coolant flush, plugs for some additional labor, tire rotation and balance, brake service and flush of fluid , pollen filter for additonal labor, This is not a waste of time if you dont have the tools to do it completely its work it and your car will thank you with a long trouble free life . Hope this helps but you have to check the menu all dealers do different things even in my town
post #5 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
WRXtuners Member

96accord is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to 96accord Send a message via Yahoo to 96accord
How much does the 30k maintenance cost?
post #6 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 09:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

pddvl1 is an unknown
around 499. covers, parts labor, and taxes, etc,
post #7 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 PM
WRXtuners Member

stagger_lee is more helpful than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTrain07 View Post
Hey guys, kind of a dumb question. I have a stock 06 WRX (waiting until my warranty expires to start my modding) and it's approaching 30,000 miles. I wanted to get your guys opinion on whether I should take my car in for the "30,000 mile regularly scheduled maintenance." I've heard that all they really do is change your oil, rotate your tires, check your fluids, breaks, etc, and replace your air filter....All of which I can do myself. Is there anything else they do? Should I take it in for good measure? Let me know what you think...
If do go anywhere other then dealer make sure you document everything in order to maintain warranty. Some dealers will void warranty if you cant show scheduled maintenance was performed.

Still love my 4 rings, but now all I see is stars.
White Collar Hippie
post #8 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

kh15 is an unknown
i was told we can hold off to 60k for plugs since they are a "longer life span plugs" thats what the dealer told me....i said ok and then went home and ordered some off the internet so as soon as they get there im replacing mine...and i have only 32k on the clock
post #9 of 10 Old 03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

IH8PVMNT is an unknown
if you have the tools and the parts do it your self... its a waste of cash from being a tech my self something like a 30k pays me like 5 hours the customer pays like 500$$ and i usally get something like this done in an hour or less which is tire rotation oil check all top fluids, trans service diffs
post #10 of 10 Old 03-27-2008, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

hollingst is an unknown
The plugs are a major part of this. Subaru charges almost 400 dollars to change the plugs on your car. Honestly it is a lot of labor because of the location but still rather expensive. Most of the maintenance could be done cheaply but the 30 k maintenance is good in that is involves the tranny and the diffs. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement