2017 sti - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 11-19-2016, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Strokedsrt8$ is an unknown
2017 sti

Any info on hp. Downpipe? Blow out valve? Intake? Exhaust? A tune? I can't go crazy with money. Some people say to just do an intake or just an exhaustive but won't that lean it out or richen it? What should I do so I can do a little at a time? And what can I do with $3000?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-21-2016, 05:44 AM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
get yourself an Accessport start from there.

just the stage 1 tune with no bolt on parts will waken then power in your stock tuned STi.

yes an intake can lean you out that why you need a tune. every power mod you do needs a tune. the accessport allows you to tune stage by stage so youre not forking out thousands in tuner fees.

when you get one... read the users manual start to finish

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave
post #3 of 3 Old 11-23-2016, 02:13 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Honestly if you have $3000 in your pocket I would start with a performance driving course. Tighten up the nut between the wheel and the seat and go from there. Then a nice pen and a pad of paper so you can take notes for the next 6 months. after that you can start working on the car.

If you decide after the last 2 then you can grab an acceessport and take it to a professional tuner and have them run a stage 1 equivalent tune. work with then to find the balance between power and longevity/safety.

Hope that helps

- Jason
Slow is Smooth > Smooth is Fast