Subaru WRX Forum

Subaru WRX Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Forum (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/)
-   -   2013 Wrx Owners (http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f51/2013-wrx-owners-33335/)

SignalCorpsFLNG 11-29-2012 10:26 PM

2013 Wrx Owners

Ok to start I bought a new si 4 months ago and hate it . I went to buy a wrx and was turned down twice for a loan . Don't have established credit but make 50k a year but that's another story lol. I am going to trade my si in as soon as I can may have to wait a couple more months . My question is for 2013 owners is thier any problems with this model year and if so what . Another question is do you enjoy it and how's your mpg . O and should I wait for a 2014/2015. Saw some articles about a change to the model . All your input would be great . Thanks

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

man show 12-01-2012 08:56 AM

In stock form, your MPG should at least be in the low to mid 20's. Slightly modified, lower 20's. Decently modified, upper teens to lower 20's. Obviously, it depends how you drive the car.

Since 2014 is supposed to be the first model of the fourth generation, I'd either go with the 2013 or 2015.

General-Leo 12-01-2012 09:35 PM

I just picked up a 2013 yesterday, obviously that isn't a lot of time for any problems to arise... but I can say that I ABSOULUTELY love the car. and true to what "Man Show" said I am getting about 22 MPG completly stock.

turmic 12-02-2012 04:54 PM

It all depends on your right foot. The MPGs that is. I can get 22 avg if I keep my foot out of it. My Cobb AP says I get as low as 8 MPG when I'm at WOT. lol. Hell, I was avg'ing around 30 MPG on the highway the one time with my current set-up.

General-Leo 12-03-2012 09:36 PM

Yeah right now mine is low for a few reasons,
1. I am not used to the car yet
2. Mostly city driving
3. Left foot is broken, and in a cast so it REALLY hard to get a feel for the right amount of clutch needed.
4. Even though I am breaking the car in still, I still have a lil fun. I just haven't had any WOT time yet. haha

Kaleisi 12-04-2012 02:50 PM

Low MPG

Hello everyone.
I just got my 2013 WRX Sedan a little over a month ago and I love it. I used to drive a 2009 Mazdaspeed and the difference is huge. The WRX, completely stock, simply feels more solid, better planted, and the boxer engine doesn't stress as much when pushed. My only concern is mpg's, specially now that I read this thread. I know I didn't exactly buy a Prius, but according to my car's display, I can't seem to go any higher that 19.5 mpg. This is a combination of mostly city and highway driving, and I just got out of the break-in period, so it's not like I'm racing from light to light (although, the other day, I smoked a G37 coupe off the green light and that was pretty sweet). Is this normal? It feels low to me. Any comments/suggestions?

Kaleisi 12-04-2012 02:54 PM

I almost forgot:

I also have a minor compliant about the shifter. Reverse is notchy and I often have trouble getting the shifter into gear. This happens with reverse only, and I find myself making two or three attempts before it "sticks". I don't think it's me; been driving manuals all my life. Any ideas?

RINGY91 12-04-2012 03:20 PM

clutch trick ahah i just found this out with my 08 when it wont go in put it in neutral hold the brake release clutch and push it back in and it should be able to go right into reverse.

Kaleisi 12-04-2012 07:52 PM

Thanks for the tip. I also found that if I push it into fifth first, and then down into reverse, without releasing the clutch, it will go into gear more often than not. Still, I shouldn't have to come up with this things to do something as simple as putting my car in reverse.
Any ideas about the gas mileage?

RINGY91 12-05-2012 06:46 AM

Don't drive in reverse ahaha :p just messin bud. About the gas millage that dose seem a bit low for a stock wrx. When on the highway to you stay at the same speed? or do you get on it to pass then slow down? City driving sucks my millage down to 19 but once im on back roads i go right back up to 24.3 highest ever 30.9.

iownit4 12-05-2012 04:18 PM

gas

Hey Kal congrats , I also had a 2013 wrx until Hurricane Sandy washed it away .. sux I order another one .. I had it for 2 months and was driving it on both hwy & street I really wasnt getting on it at all I was averaging 21 mpg

Kaleisi 12-05-2012 08:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys. My driving is mostly city, and right now the mpgs are sitting at about 19.5. If I take the highway for about 15-20 miles, cruising around 65-70, with the occasional "throttle tap", it'll go up to 19.9, but that's as high as I have seen it. Again, I'm not being to aggressive here: I usually shift at or below 3000 rpm, and I keep the engine around there on the highway. I guess I'll bring this up to the service guys.
Ringy: I'll try to live without reverse and let you know how it goes.
iownit: I feel your loss, buddy. We've been pretty lucky here in South FL in recent years, but it's only a matter of time before another storm comes around to remind us of who is really in charge on this little planet of ours.

pzr2874 12-06-2012 05:51 AM

When you get it tuned... the mpg's will go up. Marginally, with no mods other than a drop in filter and a stage 1 tune.

Kaleisi 12-06-2012 03:35 PM

Good to know. I'm saving up for a stage 2, looking around, doing research, etc. I was concerned that tuning would lower mpgs, especially when starting at a low point. Thanks a lot.

synolimit 12-06-2012 08:14 PM

[quote=Kaleisi;288416]Good to know. I'm saving up for a stage 2, looking around, doing research, etc. I was concerned that tuning would lower mpgs, especially when starting at a low point. Thanks a lot.[/quote]

only if you hammer it everywhere. the more parts you add the better your MPG gets because you're opening everything up and taking stress and back pressure off of things. but with the added power you are going to want to push it from every start and the highway etc so forget MPG.