2013 wrx coilovers - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 01-17-2013, 11:02 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANY View Post
I was actually looking at GD's but, comparing the price difference from the BC's.. i got skeptical why is it 50% more cheaper?! :eek:
What?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Justin,
A set of BC's will probably outlast the time MOST will even own the car. Some ppl don't mind the headaches of rebuilding/sending them in. This is my 2 of course.

Me, I would just get some Bilsteins (or a good set of struts/springs).

When I went to the Mazda side of things the one thing that pissed me off was the stock strut/shock setup. I went through 5 sides before doing a strut/spring combo.... I understand CO's are nice to have for a little while... but they will be like the annoying BOV sound after a while and you will end up regretting the $ spent.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3
#18 Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pzr2874 View Post
Justin,
A set of BC's will probably outlast the time MOST will even own the car. Some ppl don't mind the headaches of rebuilding/sending them in. This is my 2 of course.
Coilovers have service intervals on which they need to be rebuilt. I know I've mentioned before that Tein's manufacturer stated service interval is every 40k miles give or take. I know BC doesn't have an official one, but I can't imagine it would be much off from that. And I know I've mentioned that people have had their BC BRs blow quickly when used for racing. I know you said you have/had them on your Speed.

Even stock struts and springs won't last as long as most people own their cars.
#19 Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Many have no problems with the BC's on MY car.

Then again, every platform is different.

Paul
2007 XT
2007 MS3