2013 wrx coilovers - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ce-royale is an unknown
2013 wrx coilovers

I am trying to figure out what are the best coilovers out there for the set up I want.
I have a 2013 wrx sedan, street car. I want an aggressive off set, in the future I'm looking to run 18 inch rim, 10" with. I basically want the best coilovers for a very low drop what do guys recommend? Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce-royale View Post
I am trying to figure out what are the best coilovers out there for the set up I want.
I have a 2013 wrx sedan, street car. I want an aggressive off set, in the future I'm looking to run 18 inch rim, 10" with. I basically want the best coilovers for a very low drop what do guys recommend? Thanks for the help in advance.
Here we go:

1. It's a misconception that coilovers are good for slamming cars. This is FALSE. Riding the bump stops on coilovers will kill them just as it will the stock struts. You still need room for travel if you exact them to last, handle, or ride with any decency.

2. What you are opting to do will kill the handling of the car anyways. Low offsets can be very detrimental to the handling of a car, from both a performance and daily driver's mannerism perspective.

3. You won't find a lot of support for what you want to do to your car within the Subaru community as their are more purists than whatever you want to call stancing out your car is.
post #3 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ce-royale is an unknown
Cool story bro, but Can anyone recommend me with a good pair of coilovers for my car? :0)
post #4 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
:: shrug :: BC BR's, perhaps?

John
07 WRX
post #5 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
JRZ 3 Ways.
post #6 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 06:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful pzr2874 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
^ LOL.... Sell a kidney

If JUST for stance and an occasional track day/auto-x BC's will do "ok".

Paul
2002 WRX Sold
2007 WRX Sold
2007 STi totaled
2007 Foz XT sold
2007 MS3
post #7 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 07:10 AM
WRXtuners Member

dirtydeeds02 is an unknown
Destroying a brand new car like that makes me wanna cry. The car rides and handles so well stock its almost a sin.
post #8 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 09:00 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Our apologies Ce-royale, but you've brought up a touchy subject

John
07 WRX
post #9 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

VANY is an unknown
Garage
Same page here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ce-royale View Post
Cool story bro, but Can anyone recommend me with a good pair of coilovers for my car? :0)
Im in the hunt as well, so far im leaning towards BC with an upgraded springs, feels like riding stock as what i've been seeing through my investigation. You just have shed a few more $$$...
post #10 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANY View Post
Im in the hunt as well, so far im leaning towards BC with an upgraded springs, feels like riding stock as what i've been seeing through my investigation. You just have shed a few more $$$...
Might want to investigate a little more.

The only people that buy them are those who order custom rates and custom valving that are in for the no-questions-asked warranty for when they fail, or those who don't know anything about proper coilover design. BC coilovers are bottom of the barrel garbage. They are thrown together from random pieces from a parts bin with no R&D money spent. The valving does not match the springs OTS springs or the Swift upgrades and it reduces lifespan, handling, and causes a bouncy ride.

There is nothing in that price range worth getting. Bump your budget to +$1,500 for GD WRXs or +$1,800 for newer models and then you can ask about some good choices are, abiet for a street car there really are none. Unless you do some type of competitive racing where you can out drive a set of struts and springs, then it's just money wasted and extra hassle (maintenance, winter care, and rebuild intervals) created.
post #11 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

VANY is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Might want to investigate a little more.

The only people that buy them are those who order custom rates and custom valving that are in for the no-questions-asked warranty for when they fail, or those who don't know anything about proper coilover design. BC coilovers are bottom of the barrel garbage. They are thrown together from random pieces from a parts bin with no R&D money spent. The valving does not match the springs OTS springs or the Swift upgrades and it reduces lifespan, handling, and causes a bouncy ride.

There is nothing in that price range worth getting. Bump your budget to +$1,500 for GD WRXs or +$1,800 for newer models and then you can ask about some good choices are, abiet for a street car there really are none. Unless you do some type of competitive racing where you can out drive a set of struts and springs, then it's just money wasted and extra hassle (maintenance, winter care, and rebuild intervals) created.
Thanks for the heads up, this is why im not rushing to this. Im waiting til the weather gets better out there until i start this mod. I definitely need this kind of suggestions to see what really is the best out there but, reasonable! So, you recommend GD WRX's? what site should I go? coz, the BC that Ive mentioned previously is from Circuit motorsport with the Swift upgrade. throw me some more tips, if you dont mind?! thanks bro!
post #12 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Ce-royale is an unknown
What do you guys think about the tein coilovers?
post #13 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 05:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Teins are not valved correctly either. They are made with Japanese roads in mind, not crappy American roads. Ride a common complaint. And they rust more readily than just about anything out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANY View Post
Thanks for the heads up, this is why im not rushing to this. Im waiting til the weather gets better out there until i start this mod. I definitely need this kind of suggestions to see what really is the best out there but, reasonable! So, you recommend GD WRX's? what site should I go? coz, the BC that Ive mentioned previously is from Circuit motorsport with the Swift upgrade. throw me some more tips, if you dont mind?! thanks bro!
A GD is a 2002-2007 Impreza.
post #14 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

VANY is an unknown
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Teins are not valved correctly either. They are made with Japanese roads in mind, not crappy American roads. Ride a common complaint. And they rust more readily than just about anything out there.

A GD is a 2002-2007 Impreza.
I was actually looking at GD's but, comparing the price difference from the BC's.. i got skeptical why is it 50% more cheaper?! :eek:
post #15 of 19 Old 01-17-2013, 10:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
GD???
Subaru Impreza - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bc is a brand, GD is a body style/platform

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew