Subaru WRX Forum banner

2013 wrx coilovers

32K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  pzr2874 
#1 ·
I am trying to figure out what are the best coilovers out there for the set up I want.
I have a 2013 wrx sedan, street car. I want an aggressive off set, in the future I'm looking to run 18 inch rim, 10" with. I basically want the best coilovers for a very low drop what do guys recommend? Thanks for the help in advance.

#2 ·
Here we go:

1. It's a misconception that coilovers are good for slamming cars. This is FALSE. Riding the bump stops on coilovers will kill them just as it will the stock struts. You still need room for travel if you exact them to last, handle, or ride with any decency.

2. What you are opting to do will kill the handling of the car anyways. Low offsets can be very detrimental to the handling of a car, from both a performance and daily driver's mannerism perspective.

3. You won't find a lot of support for what you want to do to your car within the Subaru community as their are more purists than whatever you want to call stancing out your car is.

#17 ·
Justin,
A set of BC's will probably outlast the time MOST will even own the car. Some ppl don't mind the headaches of rebuilding/sending them in. This is my 2¢ of course.

Me, I would just get some Bilsteins (or a good set of struts/springs).

When I went to the Mazda side of things the one thing that pissed me off was the stock strut/shock setup. I went through 5 sides before doing a strut/spring combo.... I understand CO's are nice to have for a little while... but they will be like the annoying BOV sound after a while and you will end up regretting the $ spent.

#18 ·
Justin,
A set of BC's will probably outlast the time MOST will even own the car. Some ppl don't mind the headaches of rebuilding/sending them in. This is my 2¢ of course.
Coilovers have service intervals on which they need to be rebuilt. I know I've mentioned before that Tein's manufacturer stated service interval is every 40k miles give or take. I know BC doesn't have an official one, but I can't imagine it would be much off from that. And I know I've mentioned that people have had their BC BRs blow quickly when used for racing. I know you said you have/had them on your Speed.

Even stock struts and springs won't last as long as most people own their cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.