2012 WRX mud flaps - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-14-2012, 07:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

TGent is an unknown
2012 WRX mud flaps

Hi everyone,

I just purchased my 2012 WRX hatch in WR blue, to replace my 98 sub legacy, and obviously I couldn't be happier. I want to put some mud flaps on since I'll be doing a decent amount of driving off road and in the snow. After looking through the forum, all I could find was mud flaps for older models. I've been searching on suggested sites such as rally sport direct and all I've found is 1 mud flap that will fit the 2012 WRX and it's $160! Seems a little spendy to me and I was wondering if anyone else knew of any other options.

Here's a link to what I've found: Rally Armor Mud Flaps at RallySportDirect.com

Thanks!
Tyler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-14-2012, 08:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
I've seen DIY mud flaps made out of cheap white plastic cutting boards that you can buy from Walmart or Target that people cut and then painted black. I don't imagine the paint held up very well over time, but that's an option.

I have [obnoxious red] Rally Armor U.R. mud flaps on my 07 WRX and they're holding up great after 27k+ miles and 16+ months of abuse. There's very little, if any, chipping of the letters that some people mention, so they get my vote.

John
07 WRX (Albins 5MT + Blouch 20G)
Jorge Carrillo Tuned (365 whp/340 wtq)
#3 Old 02-14-2012, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

WrxCruising is an unknown
I have them on my 11 wrx WR blue sedan. I got the blue lettered ones. They made it look so much more agressive and they actually work. Yes pricey for mud flaps but once you get your subie dirty some. You will see how they dont fling all the dirt and mud all over the car and just on the mudflap.
#4 Old 02-15-2012, 08:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
The third generation Rally Armor mud flaps look similar to the second generation flaps in that they give you a little wiggle room for side-to-side adjustments so you can get them exactly where you want them to be before tightening the screws all the way.

John
#5 Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

Heatedwrx is an unknown
Yo
They do seem expensive, at first. But compared to your alternatives, its a great investment. They not only look great, but they actually serve a purpose too. I just bought some for my 12 sedan and installed them the other day, looks great and was a pretty easy install. No drilling or mods necessary at all, I would recommend them to anybody.

Mike B.
2012 WRX sedan - 20% Tint, Rally Armor Flaps, EPIC springs.
COBB AP & Invidia Q300 next...
#6 Old 02-15-2012, 10:45 AM
WRXtuners Member

TGent is an unknown
Thanks for all the responses,

I guess it's as I thought, no real alternatives, which is ok I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something that's just as good but cheaper (which is often the case) before I buy. Just ordered a pair, black with the Blue lettering, and I'll get some pics up once I get them on there.

@man show: I did come across your red flaps in another thread, and I've gotta say the red looks fantastic IMO on black and white WRX's, pretty sure it'd look assanine on blue, but who knows, looks great on yours!
#7 Old 02-15-2012, 02:32 PM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGent View Post
@man show: I did come across your red flaps in another thread, and I've gotta say the red looks fantastic IMO on black and white WRX's, pretty sure it'd look assanine on blue, but who knows, looks great on yours!
Heh, thanks. Many people seem to think otherwise, but I like them so that's all that really matters <-- seems to be a common theme around here lately

John
#8 Old 08-12-2012, 07:52 PM
WRXtuners Member

KM-HI50 is an unknown
TGent,
There are alternatives if you take the time to search and you could find a cheaper deal for other mud flap kits, but after much deliberations, I decided to get the Rally Armor Mud Flaps "Black w/Gray Logo's" as the installation was easy and after installing them, I must admit they look pretty good. You won't regret getting them as I think many Rex owners install them for functionality and looks.

Here is a video I watched to show how easy it was to install. The video is for a 2011 but was the same for my 2012 Sedan, although you have a Wagon, installation will be about the same, the kit for a wagon is cheaper than the sedan version, Black with the blue logo would match your car nicely.

Kurtis
2012 WRX Sedan "Satin White"
2011 Outback 2.5i CVT "Steel Metallic Silver" w/19mm RSB
#9 Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

02SuuBWoRX is an unknown
Mud Flaps to fit SUBARU IMPREZA New Age (00-07) Rally Mudflaps Black Swoosh Logo | eBay

I just ordered myself these mud flaps from over seas. I'm going for a black and yellow theme for my suub. One of my friends in town has a 2010 wrx wagon white with red rally armor flaps but I like being unique. I did the acetone trick to a new emblem I ordered also for 5 bucks off eBay and have black with yellow stars on my grille now so I feel like this is a perfect match!
#10 Old 08-17-2013, 07:50 PM
WRXtuners Member

sebi1990 is an unknown
So where did you guys get your mudflaps and where is the best place that gives you the best price or a combo deal?
#11 Old 08-17-2013, 08:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
It's are really about the same everywhere. From eBay to the big stores.
Might not hurt though to use google shopping and see what you find.
I got mine for my 02 on eBay.

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew