2012 wrx mods - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-08-2012, 07:47 PM
WRXtuners Member

Murdered_WRX is an unknown
2012 wrx mods

I have a few questions.

1. Aem Intake/Perrin Turbo back exhaust/cobb AP/ Tuned by pros what kind of gains should i be looking at roughly

2.If I get a different downpipe than the perrin, one without a CAT will it bolt up to the perrin CAT back

3. After getting my car profesionally tuned do i need more gauges to monitor the car or should i trust them with the fuel mappingd

Thanks for the help heres a pic of my ride as is bone stock...soon to be all black

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-13-2012, 12:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

Awrecks is an unknown
i would get the cobb intake, and would stick with a turbo back all from one brand. i like invidia and cobb. with the cobb ap you dont need a professional tune they have maps that fit with those mods, gauges are always good to have, would go with a boost gauge, and an air/fuel gauge. for those mods thats all you really need. go on the cobb website or give them a call.
#3 Old 06-13-2012, 03:56 PM
WRXtuners Member

Snowboarder2587 is an unknown
I just installed new cobb front and rear shifter bushings. It really tightened up the the shifting into gear but still has a fair amount of side to side slop. It was pretty easy and gives it a nice feel.

As far as intke, I am leaving mine stock but you do get much higher power gains with and upgraded intake. Here are the notes and data from COBB

Stock:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/v/accesspo...XM_12_v310.pdf

Cobb Intake:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/v/accesspo...F_AEM_v311.pdf
#4 Old 06-14-2012, 01:53 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ru11 is an unknown
I got a full turbo back exhaust from Turboxs, and an AEM cold air intake. Great products. Also got a Cobb tunning kit, works wonders. I'm not sure what else I should do/get?.?.?. Did install short shifter from Cobb and front and rear bushings. Any comments, I would really appreciate. Thanks!