Subaru WRX Forum banner

2011 wrx, 60k, 20 grand, help me jump!

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  06_hawk_eye 
#1 ·
Its the same old story and yes i ready stickies.

Ive wanted one forever, now I can get one, but i'm worried about reliability and expensive repairs.

I'm preapproved and ready to go pick her up, but still on the fence. I bought a motorcycle 6 oths ago, made it 2 months and bent 3 rods.

Any words of advice or warnings?

#2 ·
Bought an 11 with just over 59,500 miles and engine blew up but thank god it had factory warranty left on it, I love having the vf52 in her but if she is over 60k make sure to go threw all your checks

#3 ·
thanks for the response.

this is what i'm worried about. Its a one owner from colorado thats been LOWERED, which i dont love. I havent seen it in person yet, but will be checking for other mods when i drive it next week. what was the cause of engine failure for your particular vehicle and in hindsight is there anything you could have done to see it coming before you purchased. is your scenario common based on what youve read/heard?

#4 ·
Mine is an 11 with 35k.
Runs as smooth as it did when it left the factory. I'm in it for around 25k.

60k is a mark that your gonna start seeing higher end maintenance being needed.
If it has any other mods than offer 18 as long as your comfortable with maybe having someone else's headache.
If not than step away and wait for another.

Reactions: arewmors
#5 ·
how helpfull is paying the subie dealer to look at it and or rive it for me going to be? if the right person would was there would he/she be able to tell if ive got a safe purchase or not?

i want this car, dont really have money to do repairs after purchase, but dont want to bite the bullet and buy a boring ass expedition like I always do.

#11 ·
yea this is the type of stuff I'm worried about.

If i had unlimited money I would keep buying engines/ trans, but i'm going to need a little reliability out of her.

Maybe I should mention I live in mt, where I would experience little to no racing. I don't plan on dropping the clutch or hammering her, is the fact that I plan on babying her going to be a big factor.

When I hear about people buying new transmission, engines, clutches, is that mostly due to slamming through the gears and being generally aggressive and hard with their car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.