Subaru WRX Forum banner

2011 STI Engine Swap 2.5 to 2.0

11K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  arcticscythe 
#1 ·
Hi guys, hopefully someone can help. I have a 2011 WRX STI hatch and I have destroyed engine. Its a 2.5.

I can get my hands on a complete 2011 2.0 STI engine complete with all manifolds, turbo etc etc.

Without considering performance do you think it would be an easy swap in regards to wiring loom grarbox etc?

#3 ·
Pretty sure there was a JDM 2.0L up till 2014. I might be mistaken.

If OP has a source for a JDM 2.0L then im pretty sure he would need to grab a JDM ECU to control it and the harness should be very similar. I have never done a JDM swap on a Subaru so I am a bad resource for exact details.

#4 ·
What's destroyed on your engine?
If you plan on doing a swap just do alot of research and weed through the good and bad info out there.
I didn't swap the harness I just swapped everything the harness connected to so when all was done it was basically a jdm block w internals and heads with usdm parts on it.

#6 ·
- Without any previous experience block swapping a subaru thats where I would swap. You might also want to call around, there are a handful of great tuners out there who Im sure have done that before. they could give you some nice details.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.