2010 STI vs. STI Special Edition? - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-13-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

cigar350 is an unknown
2010 STI vs. STI Special Edition?

First off I would like to say hi to everyone. I am new to this forum and new to the Subaru world. In the next week or two I will be purchasing an STI but I do not know if I should get the STI or the Special Edition. I'm leaning towards the special edition since its a little cheaper. So my question is, is it worth the extra money for the regular STI?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-13-2010, 04:18 PM
WRXtuners Member

booosted09 is more helpful than not
Garage
The only difference between the two is that the SE dosent have the HIDs, no manual HVAC controls, and the stero has been downgraded. There is also an upgrade in the suspension with stiffer springs in the front and rear. They also lowered the car by 1mm. ..and its a couple grand cheaper. Sounds like a win to me. I'm pretty sure i could live without the HIDS and the stero.

so stock its not even funny...just kinda sad :(
-Randy
post #3 of 8 Old 06-13-2010, 05:14 PM
WRXtuners Member

Miltdog is an unknown
Hi. I just bought an SE. I'm a Subaru noobie, but I know what I want. I've had my eye on an STI for years and finally pulled the trigger when I stumbled across the SE. It all boils down to what a guy wants from his car. The only thing I want, that I didn't get with the SE, is fog lights. I don't need, or even want the "bells and whistles". I'm elated with my purchase. Well, other than coming across this site and now I want to drop a bunch of cash making it mine. Thanks alot, guys!!
post #4 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 AM

newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful newtothegame is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Send a message via Yahoo to newtothegame
What the SE is lacking is things that you could put better in its place for anyways. If I were in the market for an STI the SE is the way to go I think. Just my thoughts tho.

Joshua
"2007 WRX- PPG'd, 20G- Tim Bailey tuned
Stage 2 2005 WRX
Cobbtuning.com"
post #5 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 10:34 AM
WRXtuners Member

TDub is an unknown
Send a message via AIM to TDub Send a message via MSN to TDub
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
What the SE is lacking is things that you could put better in its place for anyways. If I were in the market for an STI the SE is the way to go I think. Just my thoughts tho.
^^ I second that. I just picked up the 2010 special edition week before last and I LOVE IT. After thinking about it, do I really need:
Climate control? No, if it's hot out, I usually drive with the windows down. I rarely use the AC.

10-Speaker sound system with 6-disc CD Changer? Not really.. I use the Aux jack with my phone so I can listen to Rhapsody/Pandora. And I don't listen to my music very loud anyways.

Though, I will say I do like the idea of the turn signals on the mirrors and Fog lights. So they may be purchased in the future.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 01:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

bizzle is more helpful than not
Send a message via Yahoo to bizzle
I thought the SE also took out the leather and BBS wheels. Think it still came with the Brembos though- least that's how the SE looked at the dealership when I saw it.

If I had known they were going to come out with the SE, I would have bought that over my WRX- but I am happy for now.

-D
post #7 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 03:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

fuapiti is more helpful than not
Although I would still change everything at some point on either model, I would still get the SE just because of the price. The "exclusivity" is an added bonus...
post #8 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 03:41 PM
WRXtuners Member

RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful RcrsWetDream is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I believe the SE has the wheels that that 2011 STi will come with standard. Not BBS but something like 25 lbs lighter in total.

-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement