Subaru WRX Forum banner

2008 WRX - Cosmetics

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  hempy 
#1 ·
I'm looking to see what people have done to there 08 WRX cosmetically or engine mods.

I have a SPT Catback exhaust and that's really about it right now, I purchased a V3 AP and ran it for a month with a E-Tune to make sure my car was running up to par for everything I would like to do to it in the future, it did good so I went ahead and sold the AP and I'll be collecting parts this summer to start building during this winter.

I know the 08 narrowbody is just a vast wrx to find that someone has done a lot of work to, but I am sure someone is out there somewhere !

#2 ·
Well if your looking for cosmetics then which direction do you want to go?

Personally I like the old 08 WRC setup with that massive rear spoiler and the big blue and silverSubaru logo across the side. ( I dont know if I like it or if the high school teenager in me likes it but it always makes me smile )

As far as mods the biggest one i can think of is a master cylinder brace, The 08-14 have notoriously flexable firewalls and the master cylinder flexs when you kick the brakes hard. A brace is $100 very very well spent.

Let us know what your use case is and what your build plans look like and we can give you tons more help.

Also before I forget welcome to our forums and dont forget to wave :)

#3 ·
i like the plain jane look of the 08. if you go FMIC you can hood swap with a non turbo impreza of the same year to get rid of the scoop for a super sleeper look.

thats me tho, i dont like to be noticed... untill i put my foot down :)

performance wise... you got alot of work to do. 2008 wasn't that great for wrx's.

#4 ·
i pretty much kept mine stock, satin white hatch 2008 wrx premium. I put an STI grill on it within the first week, limo tint, and and magnaflow catback exhaust, also a generic tune. Also swapped tweeters and added a 10" subwoofer. Drove fine for about 85k, then i began getting a bad misfire. Found an exhaust valve that the diameter where the valve seats was .5mm too small... really weird, but no ringland damage or anything, which i thought was the problem.

i decided to put a little money into the car, as i like it a lot and will end up using it for track. I purchased a JNA front bumper lip, and some drag dr66 18x8rims in black for cosmetics.
I purchased a new block with the induction hardened crank, swapped in CP forged pistons.
front and rear sway bars, kartboy shortshifter+bushings. I also got the sparco pedals for the interior and all LED lighting.
Not a fan of HID but i did buy the ultrabright OEM replacement bulbs that i will be swapping in.
Clutch was still in good shape but i put in a stage 2 clutch while everything is apart.
PW verticooler, GS AOS and a 3port BCS. Added an invidia catless DP to the magnaflow catback to complete the exhaust, also swapped in a VF52.
I will probably get an uppipe and turbo inlet later, but i rather upgrade the suspension next, id like the car to sit maybe 1 - 1.5" lower.

im coming off of bike racing and just starting to have enough cash to maybe get my car track worthy someday.
Hope to have the car running good at 300 whp for a bit as a DD, then track it and add a few more engine mods.

#5 ·
08 Wrx - Pearl White

Power Mods:

Cobb Cai & Airbox
Cobb high flow cat Downpipe
Invidia Q300 Catback (quad tip for a 2010-2014 hatch)
Cobb AP v3:
-Stage 2 OTS cobb 91/94 oct tune

Visual Mods:

Interior

Re colored Dash accents - Satin Lagoon
Re colored door handles - Matte black
Re colored AP - Satin Lagoon
Pioneer Head unit - AVH x4800bs

Exterior

DIY Front grill mesh replacement - Pearl white mesh / Matte black (chrome delete)
Re painted Emblem's Front and Rear - Satin lagoon / Subaru pearl white
Super tone Horns - Repainted satin lagoon
Rear chrome trim delete - Repainted Matte black
Rear bumper reflectors replaced with LED's Wired to the breaks
Rally armor mud flaps - Black w/ white
De badged rear - Subaru / Impreza / WRX / AWD sticker under wiper
Re painted license plate covers Front and rear - Satin lagoon
Custom front window Banner - Rumble Nation (ontario subaru club)
Other assorted stickers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.