Is a 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX TR for $17995 a good deal? - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

synolimit is a helpful contributing member
Quote:
Originally Posted by basco View Post
just because it has the fogs doesn't mean the front end has been removed, you only need to pull the grill out...
not the point, point is it has more then the dealer or the OP has said. that being said theres probably more! there always is. besided i can see the swtich on the left dash and red wire that looks thick. sound system maybe installed and then removed? again theres always more and like said a tune (or possible lack there of) is always a "what if"?

Scott-2011 WRX 335HP 394TQ 93 VF52!
http://www.wrxtuners.com/forums/f121/2011-wrx-build-31226/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 07-12-2010, 09:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

Britishnate is an unknown
I actually went and drove a 2010 WRX this weekend in the sedan and a regular impreza hatch and I have decided that I think I would prefer the hatch style, the visibility is much better for me.

So this 2007 is pretty much off the table at this point, I may still go check it out but I am leaning towards the hatch and considering I cannot find one within about 500 miles that I like I will be waiting until the 2011's come out...
#18 Old 07-12-2010, 10:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

fuapiti is more helpful than not
If you are going for the new model, definitely wait for the 2011, just the wider body is a good reason to wait for them...
#19 Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 AM
WRXtuners Member

man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to man show is a WRX expert worth listening to
Keep in mind that there are usually several improvements/changes that take place a year or more after first-year models come out... remember the changes that took place after the 2004 STi and the 2008 WRX came out? If you can wait, you might want to hold out until 2012/13, or even 2014/15 and see what changes are made.

I'm guessing they'll add a more aggressive lip kit, a roof vane spoiler, a stiffer suspension setup with stronger/lighter components, and possibly more color and wheel/tire combinations to the 4th gen STi (which isn't even out yet)

John
07 WRX
#20 Old 07-12-2010, 12:25 PM
WRXtuners Member

Britishnate is an unknown
Yeah I am starting to think I will have to order it directly from the dealer as I want the blue color and I just searched on autotrader for the whole country practically and barely found any.

The other thing is that I want a base WRX I dont want leather etc and it seems like most of the 2010 sedans I have found have the premium stereo and leather etc, things I can definitely live without.

I am getting married in April so I will resume my search again after that, although I will stay around and try to learn more about these cars and if another good deal pops its head up I will definitely be on here asking questions.

thanks for all the helps guys
#21 Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ccar99 is an unknown
Help

Can someone tell me if a 06 wrx tr ?? With 72500K on it, it's all stock besides catback exhaust and a 50/50 bov is a good deal ?! Like what can i see in the future for repairs !?
#22 Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 AM
WRXtuners Member

06_hawk_eye is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccar99 View Post
Can someone tell me if a 06 wrx tr ?? With 72500K on it, it's all stock besides catback exhaust and a 50/50 bov is a good deal ?! Like what can i see in the future for repairs !?
I paid 14.5 for my 06 tr with 95 on it. From a local dealer. I'd say keep looking around.just my .02.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#23 Old 08-14-2013, 05:40 AM
Premium Member

arewmors is more helpful than not
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccar99 View Post
The 105k mile service is a big and important one that will be in the future, which includes the timing belt and some other things as well to go along with it.
#24 Old 08-14-2013, 07:01 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
The 105k mile service is a big and important one that will be in the future, which includes the timing belt and some other things as well to go along with it.
When I did mine. I did spark plugs, timing belt, water pump , timing Belt tensioner, and every fluid you can think of I changed.

#25 Old 08-14-2013, 07:11 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
When I did mine. I did spark plugs, timing belt, water pump , timing Belt tensioner, and every fluid you can think of I changed.

Wow! Is all that subie recommended or did you just go above and beyond? It is definitely a good point to do all that though. I knew there was more than just the belt. I'm a long way away from that.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ
#26 Old 08-14-2013, 07:16 AM
WRXtuners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewmors View Post
Wow! Is all that subie recommended or did you just go above and beyond? It is definitely a good point to do all that though. I knew there was more than just the belt. I'm a long way away from that.
I figured while I was in there I'd just do everything possible. Also did an alignment but that's because I work in a shop. Wanted to make sure it was good for another 105k

#27 Old 08-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_hawk_eye View Post
I figured while I was in there I'd just do everything possible. Also did an alignment but that's because I work in a shop. Wanted to make sure it was good for another 105k

Nice! Well working in a shop helps. Saves a lot in labor costs. At least now you know everything is correct and fresh.

Andy - 12 WRB WRX
Tuned by Innovative Tuning
294 AWHP / 311 TQ