2006 wrx - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By titter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 01-05-2017, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Nic tybroski is an unknown
Question 2006 wrx

So I love this vehicle ever since I test drove my friends car and I need one!!
But I want something stock so I can build over time. What is the price range stock? and If I start modding it overtime,
what will the price be after modding the vehicle? My limit is 10k (for starting not modding) and also I'm a rookie when it comes to vehicles,
I figured this will be a great car to learn and build overtime and become more proficient in learning on modding ect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-05-2017, 07:40 AM
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
the life of a preowned subaru solely rests on the previous owner. mileage has absolutely no factor in subaru land as motors will blow depending on how they are dirven, not on how old they are. obivously there are exceptions to this but generally speaking, this is true.

i have seen 3rd/4th owner cars blow motors with less than 50,000
i have seen single owner cars blow with less than 50,000
i have seen 3rd/4th owner cars last well over 300,000
i have seen single owner cars last well over 300,000

these are high performance vehicles and are driven as such, often by people who have no idea what they are doing. its hard to tell you what to look for but i can tell you stay away from any car that has a fresh motor. even if its stock. that just means he drove his car hard enough to blow the motor. then you must consider what other damage has been done to the drive train and suspension since he drove like a yob.

adding "mods" do not increase the value of your car. do not go at this thinking it will be an investment. the chance of finding someone who is interested in your exact mods and what you ahve done to your car is almost as high as winning the lottery. so just play the lottery, you'll win more.

telling you what they are worth over the internet is really hard because prices can very from location to location.

i paid $3700 for my 2002 wrx wagon back in april 2015 here in ottawa, ontraio. but if the same car were to be sold in toronto, ontario... they probably could have got close to $5000 for it. spend a good week or so comparing prices around where you are. maybe even look in diffrent townships. sometimes you can find crazy deals on cars just because its a 10 hour drive away.
Fidrat likes this.

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave
post #3 of 4 Old 01-05-2017, 08:08 AM
WRXtuners Member

Fidrat is a helpful contributing member
Nice choice. My second favorite year. The only problem is you have to re-tune for every mod. My favorite is the 03 WRX. It has a much more forgiving ECU! You can "bolt-on" to your hearts content. This makes it better to build over time. When you are done bolting on, get a tune. Check out my build thread for more details. My evil plan(build thread) With the exception of the EBCS I ran all my mods without a tune and no Cobb access port! when I was done I got an open source pro-tune.

The biggest challenge you will face is finding an 03 or an 06 that is STOCK or not rusted out. Good luck in your search

All right, where is the distributor cap? I need to find the #1 plug wire to hook up my SUN machine.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-06-2017, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Nic tybroski is an unknown
Yes the biggest challenge right now is the search! and thanks so much for the advice!