Subaru WRX Forum banner

2002 WRX exhaust opinion

3K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Bryce'sWRX 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I've gotten serious into some full Turbo back exhaust's for my 02' WRX. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I've considered Cobb TBE and Tanabe Concept G blue. I kind of like the deep throaty sound of the COBB but the Tanabe lets you hear the turbo spool GREAT! Anyone help me out here? maybe throw me some suggestions?

Thanks
Bryce M.:D

#5 ·
I have considered getting a used down pipe, but i'd rather go wioth new from the down pipe back. Plus here in Iowa there are so little subaru's the nearest used down pipe I coulkd find was in minnesota. Plus if you buy from Cobb directly there is free shipping. Idk what do you think?

#10 ·
My brother had an 02 wrx wagon with a borla CBE and he also had a DP but honestly im not sure ### kind. but that subie sounded mean...it was a low rumble. one of the better exhaust sounds ive heard on a rex. it turned heads on streets ### people wanted to know what that sound was haha just in case your other opinions become dead ends

#14 ·
Cheaper = OS Normally from a tuner. But in order to to flash/reflash you need a computer and cable. Add-in know how and software...etc.... you can see where this is headed.

Better = an AP (because you can do reflashes yourself) and "Pro-tuners" are plenty.

Search this, it's been beaten to death.

#17 ·
Well i have a 2002 with 93k so i think i might just stick with full TBE and just some body stuff (rims, a WRX vinyl) I had to put a new motor in my car 2 weeks after i bought it so i dont needa go stage 2 on this car. Before I head off to college i want to get an 08 WRX so ill go stage 2 on that. Plus insurance for me at 16 even for my 02 is like 115$ a month...so ill wait for my 08 to go stage 2. So ill talk to my father about purchasing a Cobb AP. Thanks for the help!

#20 ·
Cobb AP is $600 everywhere. At least i havnt found a different price anywhere else. A pro tune would be about that price give or take depending on where you go and what you want out of your car. The AP gives you stage 1 and 2 maps that you can flash yourself and be done so its sort of a no brainer. Also, once you purchase it you will always have it to reflash if you want to, whereas a shop tune you won't. Another upside of the AP is it can also read CEL codes, display live data, mpgs etc. Having said that, you will always get a more efficient tune from a shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.