Subaru WRX Forum banner

2002 stock rims painting opinion

17K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Bryce'sWRX 
#1 ·
Okay, as much as I hate to post another new post, my dad is all over my ass about wanting to paint my 2002 wrx stock rims...because he's an accountant and is cheap, but he wants to do something with the rims on my car. Anyways, if my car is WR blue, what color do you guys think would look the best to do a good painting job on the stock rims?

#9 ·
#11 ·
Those rims and Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires 225/45/17 would be a very good if not the best choice. Keep the stock rims and put a set of Blizzaks on them for those Iowa winters.

#17 ·
Oh man, I feel like this post is just for me. I have no problem with rattle can spray jobs as long as you accept it as that and nothing more. They'll never be perfect like a professional job, and they'll be more difficult to keep clean, but I can easily touch up or change my mind on a color over a weekend. Takes some practice to get right, but can look pretty good. Here are some photos. Each one was sprayed over with a gloss clear coat for wheels by Duplicolor.

Duplicolor Wheel-Coating - Graphite

Rustolium Metallic - Black Night Metallic

Rustolium Marking - Fluorescent Green

Rustolium Metallic - Blue Cobalt Metallic

For WRB, I'd pick gold, dark bronze, black to gunmetal color, or just something wild.. like HOT PINK.

#19 ·
Those look great!!Thumbs Up I like 17"x7" or 17"x7.5" rims. I still recommend the tire and size. Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires 225/45/17.

For winter on stock rims I'm running Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 205/55R16. It just doesn't get any better.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.