Subaru WRX Forum banner

07 Fozzy XT Limited

11K views 40 replies 11 participants last post by  sleepr 
#1 ·
Hi all,
It's been over 2 years since my last confes..... <-- Like NEVER

Wait, it's been 2 years since I've owned a Suby. Picked up an 07 Forester XT with 82K on the clock for the wife and I love it. LOL

Get this. Tag was 15995.00, my trade it was ~6500.00 (05 Murano, title in hand).

Told NP Suby since this was my 4th car from them, they needed to sweeten the deal.

Here's what they did:

Got over 2100.00 in maint done for me (tires,drive belts,filters,wipers,brakes and last but not least the timing belt). He actually gave me the list and prices the service dept changed them (which isn't much of a discount from what he says and I believe him).

Gave me access to the paintless dent removal guy in 2 weeks. A few mishaps here n there.

6 free oil changes (which I only get the filters like normal), free fill-up and a free detail.

Anywho, out the door financed 10200.00 at 5.2%

Not too shabby for an AUTOMATIC.

Anyways, I'll post pics when the wife gets back from her sisters house.

See less See more
#5 ·
HAHAHAHA.... Where's the drum set emoticon when I need it

BTW... It was moving.... lol

Nahh, not going to do anything other than a "stg1" OS tune

Like she knows what the throttle even is. Had to pound it in her head "IT TAKES SUPER UNLEADED ONLY"

#11 ·
You hit the nail right on the head there my friend. She wont let me get rid of mine at all. And she doesnt want to get rid of heres most the time when we talk about it for some reason. But 2 kids, and 2 dogs, a fozzy makes alot more sense than a WRX right now.

#14 ·
"New" news... On 12/26 the wife calls me :

Wife: Should my car be smoking?
Me:No, what color and where is it coming from?
Wife: Under the hood
Me: Pull over and smell it, does it smell like Maple Syrup?
Wife: I don't know
Me: Well, pull over and let it cool (being as she is only less than a mile from the house.) Give it 15 mins and then take it home

Well, I get home and it's a blown radiator (no biggie, I'll look around). ~$530 for a Mishimoto radiator.. no thanks. Called the dealer and they said we will come get it and let you know.

They have it for 2 days (during these 2 days they ask me "what radiator do you want") I respond with "whu whu" as I thought a stocker would go back in. Dealer tells me "in 15 years of being here, we have never put a stocker back in a car because they are junk. So I asked what they use and he said a distributor locally. This is ok but do I have the warranty with YOU or them... He said "we will warranty it, but have never had one come back".

Ok, so I'm game. I offset their cost by $200 and pick it up a day later.

Fast forward to yesterday:

Wife: Should my car be laking this stuff (sent me a pic)
Me: No, pull it back in the garage and I will check it out later

I got home an hour later and I look under the car and it's the tranny cooler line UNDER the radiator and it's cracked/pinched. I then really looked at the fluid in the driveway and to my amazement, it's blacker than black (time for a flush and filter).

Call the dealer and they come pick it up and tell me 2 hours later it's the cooler line and that it was "brittle". I lol'd and then asked him how a 4-5 yr old line would be brittle in S Texas. He had nothing. Told him it's pinched from their shoddy install and I'm glad their work is warrantied and then I ask him to give me a call when it's done and then drive off in a rental supplied by them. hahaha

Sorry this is so long winded but I really thought these techs knew what they were doing.?.?.?

/Rant

#15 ·
Ask Justin how much they know.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9CdVTCDdEwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#16 ·
Thing is, this tech has been there for 15 years. Anyways, got the car back yesterday evening and it feels much better. After dropping $37 for a tranny filter (WTF) and getting 4 oil filters for free for the hassle I'm going to go beat on it a bit to see if anything else comes up and then take it for the BG flush and fill.

I can't see the youtube video here at work, I'll chk it out later. Thanks.

Speaking of which, anyone watch that TiC video yet ? Funny as hell.

#18 ·
Ok, did a few things for maintainence and was NOT impressed by anything.

I didn't take pics as I was steamed.

07/12
Took the IC off to clean the TB and have a look around.

The IC had a 1/8 of an inch of oil (dried) in it. Thought I would clean the IC with degreaser and the likes and looked up and saw my old 07wrx IC with 3K on it.... Hmmm.... threw the old one in the friggin trash and made out like a bandit with the old one.

Disconnected ALL the vac lines and replaced em all except the long metal line that runs along the IC (douched it with degreaser).

04/12 - 06/12
Changed ALL the diff fluids and was not impressed by the amount of front diff fluid that came out (just short of a Gallon).... Should only take .8-.9 of a quart.... How can this be? Well, after getting some feed back on subaruforester.org they thought I had a seal issue from the tranny. Easy way to find out was to drain the fluids and change em out to a cheap 75-90 fluid for a week and drain it again and see if had a reddish tint (It didn't). So I filled them with it Mobil1 (clear'ish fluid) and will give it a few months and do it again (nice winter maint. garage time since we have no winters here).

04/12
I installed the ghetto Lamco boost gauge I had laying around. No problems at all for a few days and then the light doesn't come on. Replaced the fuse (cig lighter) and sent the wife on her way. A few days later it goes out again (fuse). Not sure why I'm burning fuses out as the LED light pulls close to nothing as far as power. Any ideas for this? Tapping that line was a MOFO as there is little to no room unless you have 2yr old little girl hands (which I don't).

04/12-06/12
Trying to get the hesitation under load to go away and turned to ol'faithful (SF and B12) and began doing the treatments along with a few tankfuls of 80/20 (93/eth). Sure enough it slowly went away and haven't had a stutter/judder since. This could be due to me shit-canning the TMIC and cleaned everything up. Who knows.

Anyhow, just thought I'd update the fun I've had.

#20 ·
04/12
I installed the ghetto Lamco boost gauge I had laying around. No problems at all for a few days and then the light doesn't come on. Replaced the fuse (cig lighter) and sent the wife on her way. A few days later it goes out again (fuse). Not sure why I'm burning fuses out as the LED light pulls close to nothing as far as power. Any ideas for this? Tapping that line was a MOFO as there is little to no room unless you have 2yr old little girl hands (which I don't).

Anyhow, just thought I'd update the fun I've had.
Just because it's an LED doesn't mean that all the wiring leading to that LED aren't shorting out and blowing the fuse. Try tapping into a different line for the power. Try running to O'Reilly and get one of these to have it on its own circuit too.

04/12-06/12
Trying to get the hesitation under load to go away and turned to ol'faithful (SF and B12) and began doing the treatments along with a few tankfuls of 80/20 (93/eth). Sure enough it slowly went away and haven't had a stutter/judder since. This could be due to me shit-canning the TMIC and cleaned everything up. Who knows.
What's your 93/Eth mixture? Do you just run it super hot to clean it? I'm thinking of this as a solution to my brother's MDX that's bogging down really badly, but I'd like to hear more first before suggesting it.

#24 ·
I was google searching fozzys since the wife wants to trade the caliber for a new one. And this thread was one of the top given in the search... Weird?
Still waiting on those pics paul

#26 ·
Oops... forgot pics.... And I just washed/waxed it a couple weeks ago. *Have another beer Paul*

Anyways.... This airbox has been giving me a headache since I bought the car. First the tab holders on the bottom piece of the box (replaced from a friend's Baja) and now the top piece the MAF bolt holes (apparently a friggin gorilla torqued the MAF screws) and the plastic that surrounds the seats cracked on both. After throwing a couple codes and going into limp mode, I cleaned the MAF again and it finally sat correctly in it's place.

If anyone has a top piece to sell for a good price PM me a $ shipped to 78245.

Oh, and now the LED went out on the gauge but the fuse is still good.... wtf

#29 · (Edited)
and it's pissin me off. It felt like it was going away when I did 2g E85/rest 93 but I could be wrong....

Help me understand this.... I'm about to change the plugs out.....

Finishing up from last night.... edit:

It feels as if the boost is coming on and then it dips, then comes on and then dips again. I'm watching the boost gauge and I can also feel it a little. I don't want to switch the turbo out (even though it has 98K on it) and it not be the problem.

#30 ·
Getting moisture/water in the passenger side headlight casing.... Subaruforester.org has some nice write-up's on it. will post b4 and after pics (along with links to what I use).... I've already tried to take out the bulbs and look at the seals... nada... they all look good.

#31 ·
Ran into this issue as well. After thinking about it a little more it may have been a result of us running it on the beach.... fun BTW. Just thought the Foz had more clearance.... Have yet to call Suby to get the pieces as funds have not allowed for it. And the salvage yards are soaked.

('06-'08) 07 XT Ltd Part search help - Subaru Forester Owners Forum

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.