06 wrx $4k to put in! - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#16 Old 12-12-2011, 08:40 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman777 View Post
everbody thanx anyone know whats one of the best intercoolers to put and how much better is a 20g then aan 18g on the top end? and as my dad says brakes and performance susicpansion is for some one that has no BALLS.
your dad is an idiot...unless your on the track you cannot put your car to the true limit power wise but on the street you can max out the handling ability, I bet I could make you shit your pants taking a ride in my car and not even break 70mph...besides in these cars adding power is the quickest way to start breaking the expensive stuff

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#17 Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 PM
WRXtuners Member

brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to brfatal is a WRX expert worth listening to
Garage
Quote:
i feel that you race for adrenelin and i feel stock suspension and break are good for me right know i want more power lol. but that my opinion everyone has that.
Quote:
and as my dad says brakes and performance susicpansion is for some one that has no BALLS.
And your dad was being sarcastic or he's a blithering moron. If you think that the stock suspension is sufficient for a 20G setup....wow..... There is going to be a totaled part out thread here shortly.
#18 Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to Chase is a WRX expert worth listening to
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
And your dad was being sarcastic or he's a blithering moron. If you think that the stock suspension is sufficient for a 20G setup....wow..... There is going to be a totaled part out thread here shortly.
Last two comments pretty much summed up my feelings.

Air five.

355 awhp fp green six speed wagon in Corvette Atomic Orange
-Brandon
#19 Old 12-12-2011, 09:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
^+1-2-3.................................cheers!!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#20 Old 12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
WRXtuners Member

mazzanic is an unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
Hopefully the turbo will still be good he can sell it cheap hahaha
#21 Old 12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Its getting a little heated in here. But, I'll repeat my statement. If those bridgestones are all seasons or summer tires....then I'd definitly grab some cheap spare wheels and I'd slap some winter tires on them. New York can not be a place to drive around on low tread tires in the winter. Then in the spring you can put some summer tires on the wheels you have now. It works out great. Tires that work best for each half of the year.

Plus, it never hurts to go over the car completly and make sure everything is in working order before you start slapping power on it. With a hawkeye (06-07 wrx) I'd say you'll blow up the transmission if your stomping on it a lot with a 20G or bigger turbo. All, I'm saying is get your ducks in a row and research your mod path before you get to crazy with it. Do each mod right the first time....unless you feel like throwing money away.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#22 Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to basco is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to basco Send a message via MSN to basco
not to mention the older EJ255's tend to let go at 20G power levels

FP GT35R MoTeC M800 AndrewTech PPG'd Wagon - 513AWHP
06 Mazdaspeed6 280/330
- Matt
#23 Old 12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
WRXtuners Member

turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to turmic is a WRX expert worth listening to
Send a message via AIM to turmic
Around the 350+whp range they can have piston/piston ring issues. So, it takes a backup plan to know you can pay for it if your playing that risk.

Kirt
378awhp/373wtq Custom Dom 3 & CBRD tuned 2006 STI.
"When in doubt...flat out" - Colin McRae
#24 Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM
WRXtuners Member

minorc is an unknown
4000$ huh.

STi take-offs.

VF39/43
STi top mount
Accessport for OTS stage 3 map / Protune
EBCS
Turbo Inlet

Save the rest for when something breaks, just from reading your posts.. something WILL break.