Subaru WRX Forum banner

03 WRX, Unknown cables behind the radio? security keypad removal? light button?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  vcreation 
#1 ·
I just got a 03 WRX and got a few newbie questions... pls help

What is the 3rd button in the end, cruise control, fog light and ? ?

I've taken out the factory double DIN unit and put in a single DIN JVC unit. base on internet reference I was able to connect all cables except 'Illumination+' and 'Dimmer Illumination' cable as the JVC unit not support Illumination. (the head unit lights up when u turn on the car's headlight even when the unit is OFF). anyway I connected the illumination cable to the JVC's illumination wire. and in the end I am left with ONE wire nowhere to go. it's a Yellow wire with green strips and it has no power coming from it... anyone know WHAT it is ? ?

I've found 3 other kind of connections behind the stereo unit, the seller said it had something to do with the factory security system which had been disable/removed. but he has no idea as he is the 2nd owner... those connectors looks like those computer connectors to your motherboard, another looks like Ethernet cable. and then a few black cables that had been cut. what are they? and where is the engine diagnostic/tuning connector on my car?

since my factory security is no longer working. how should I remove the keypad? as it is collecting lots of dirt.. is it OK to just cut that cable and seal that hole ??

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.