03 wrx parts needed - Subaru WRX Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-11-2014, 10:11 AM
WRXtuners Member

trevor03wrx is an unknown
03 wrx parts needed

im in need of some parts for me 03 impreza wrx. just bought it for 1800 because it needs a front bumper, both fenders, a hood and a trunk lid. i dont remember if this year is the bug eye still or the newer model? any help would be greatly appreciated. and yes im new to subaru's..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Premium Member

boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful boo-key bear is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Yeah, 02-03 is the bugeye and you got a Hell of a deal if it runs!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Adair
06' wrx tr
Phatbotti tuned!
#3 Old 08-11-2014, 11:37 AM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Welcome to the community,

It sounds like you've got just a rolling chasis, which if the engine is in good shape is well worth the 1800 dollars. Does it need all those parts because of an accident? is the frame straight? How many miles are on it? Does it run well?

The 03 was the last year of the bug eye, and there are a ton of aftermarket parts as far as bumpers and hood and trunk so you can go crazy if you've got the money. 1st thing I would do is get an alignment, If its within normal parameters that means that the frame is straight and its worth building up if not you might have opened a can of worms. Depending on your budget you can get some decent prices on used ( read : road rashed ) OEM parts on ebay. For a bit more than a grand you can probably replace all the body panels you mentioned. Then take it to a body shop and have them paint it an OEM color.

Good luck with your Subaru

See you on the road.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#4 Old 08-11-2014, 01:12 PM
WRXtuners Member

2003 subaru impreza wrx PRICE DROPPED NEED GONE ASAP! this is the car I was talking about. And yeah it seems like a great deal and I want it so bad. Share your thoughts and opinions!!
#5 Old 08-11-2014, 01:55 PM
WRXtuners Member

arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful arcticscythe is known to be trustworthy and helpful
@trevor03wrx ,

That things a mess, No seats, No Headlamps. It doesn't look wrecked but its sad to see a nice car all torn up.

So you might be more than grand into it. Seats and OEM headlights Trunk and "not cracked" OEM hood will put you around 2 grand. 3800 total still isn't bad assuming it runs well.

Just a quick glance on ebay and I see 02-03 complete front ends ( fenders, bumper, and hood with headlights) for about 1200. If you get used seats and an OEM shift knob you could easily get out for 2k

It looks pretty beat up but its a heck of a deal

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#6 Old 08-11-2014, 02:08 PM
WRXtuners Member

I mean I already found a hood and front fenders for $300 total. Headlights and grills for $60, front bumper and trunk for $400. And stock impreza rs seats for $60. So mean I have em all pretty much. Starting to pick shit up tomorrow.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#7 Old 08-11-2014, 02:27 PM
WRXtuners Member

sweet,

I read your post and though you were still looking for parts, If you have any trouble getting it all together let us know, we've got a few bugeye drivers here who have a great working knowledge of the setup

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#8 Old 08-11-2014, 03:19 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well my main concern is going to be lining it all up. I know the majority of the front end alignment is based off the fenders but don't the just bolt in one place? Or are they really adjustable?

#9 Old 08-11-2014, 04:00 PM
WRXtuners Member

They bolt into one place but the connection points are setup so you have about a quarter inch of play before tightening them down. Just hang them and hand tighten then adjust. If you go by the hardware store and get a silicone puddy knife, they work great for spacers and they wont hurt any finish while you are installing the hood.

Its really just a matter of installing and adjusting. Give it a few hours and im sure youll come out nice.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#10 Old 08-11-2014, 04:06 PM
WRXtuners Member

Well we'll see if the guy ever answers me. Other One I'm looking at is this one. Talked him down to $7k and my bank approved me for it but i dont know.
http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/4583954764.html

#11 Old 08-11-2014, 04:44 PM
WRXtuners Member

thekamikaze kid is a helpful contributing member
you do know that is an RS right? price seams high for 172,000. just my 02 cents. cool car though.
#12 Old 08-11-2014, 04:45 PM
WRXtuners Member

That's really sharp looking but that's alot of aftermarket jazz for an NA Impreza. Nothing against it but It looks like a head turner right outa the pages of Import Tuner without any muscle to back it up.

Personally I prefer stock looking performance cars. I prefer sleepers, fast but quiet on the road until you make em mad : ) Im not into the whole fiberglass and stance scene but that's personal preference.

If that's what your into go for it, the price is a bit high for that many miles but it does sound like it has been taken care of.
thekamikaze kid likes this.

Jason
13 WRX Hatch
#13 Old 08-11-2014, 11:43 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
The ambitious side of me is licking my chops in anticipation of the creation of a turbo motor swapped into an RS. "Imagine how low the insurance will be!" is the voice in my head that tries to justify the whole idea...

However, that way of thinking (with other cars) has cost me (and countless others) thousands of dollars and results that do not quite match up to expectations.

I believe that the best outcome from this proposal is that you will have a nice looking non-turbo RS (for a little less than 6500 hopefully), and some work to do to finish parting out your original purchase.

That may sound a bit negative, but I really don't mean it to be. That RS looks to be a nice car that's been well cared for, and fewer moving parts (re: no turbo and associated items) mean less things that could possibly drain your wallet in the future.

I suppose it comes down to how emotional (and patient) you are about what you want.

Matt
70 to 100 faster than you can say "whoooossshh!"
#14 Old 08-12-2014, 05:57 PM
WRXtuners Member

BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful BLAZE2099 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
I e got parts of all sorts from 2002-2011. I'm right up in Bloomsburg too.
Your best bet for parts though will be through PMP in Macunguie. He's got a ton of parts because that's what he does for a living, is buys and sells wrx's as parts. You can find him on FB. If you wanna hit me up on FB that's cool too.
Names Randy Puderbaugh

...............GL... CHEERS!!!

Randy-
2002 blaze WRX- sold:(
2004 Wrx-sold
2011 Wrx limited
99 Fozz- sold
Eagle eye crew
#15 Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM
WRXtuners Member

AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful AllExtinct is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Like sleepr said it all depends on how emotional and patient you are about either one of these cars.
If your looking for your own project car I would grab up the used 03 wrx. But the downside to that is what has been tinkered with,what has been maintained and serviced on it.
Timing belt with water pump will run you up a bit if that hasn't been changed.

The RS looks nice but thats your choice on that one. But it really comes down to your pocket book really.

RS =nice looking ride
WRX = project car you get to make your own.
Be patient and wait it out = better opportunity maybe.

Good luck man.

+1 PMP

Last edited by AllExtinct; 08-13-2014 at 12:41 PM.