V8 Spec C EJ207 swap to 4EAT - Page 7 - Subaru WRX Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 111 Old 08-06-2016, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
just when you think its over....

final tune went great, but my wastegate wont hold the pressure that my tuner wants to give it. it is after all 12 years old and we believe the diaphragm inside is just old and at its end.

so you UPGRADE!!!

Forge Wastegate is going in when we add water/meth in a couple of weeks.
battery staying in front for now. its actually alot of work to get a battery in the trunk of a wagon up here in canada (to meet safety regulations, this is a DD after all)
powersteering is staying.
abs is being deleted and a new master cyl & brake booster are going in.

its sitting at 20psi and im told i should hit mid 12's with a good launch. wont make the track day, but really really really hoping to get some ET's layed down soon.

oh and the 4EAT is holding up pretty good after 3 trans oil changes. most of the slipping is gone and shifts are pretty damn good and responsive. 1st > 2nd is still a little wonky, and the torque sometimes causes and early downshift when only on partial throttle. but i still cant confirm if its too much power or just a 14yr old transmission. that we can probably never answer, but for the time being, its still holding up nicely. going to do 1 more drain/refill + a 2nd new filter and leave it at that.

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 08-06-2016 at 10:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 111 Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage

sooooooooo I FOUND IT!! after something like 9 months of searching, a fellow enthusiast helped me track it down. time to build the 4EAT and break into 11's!!

this kit along with billet accumulators will be a massive valve body upgrade. will also be getting a high stall torque converter and new upgraded clutch packs.

power mods are on hold. the list has changed considerably... lets just say i will probably have a VF36 for sale in the spring whats it being replaced with? we'll you'll have to come back to find out...

dont forget to wave
post #93 of 111 Old 10-24-2016, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
custom machined billet accumulators. made by a nasioc member.

all i need now is a torque converter. @LW_Black4 do you know any good canadian Automatic Transmission places? IPT is high on my list but i would rather stick with a canadian dealer for the torque converter as there is a $250-500 core charge (or ship them your tq) and i dont want to internationally ship a torque converter to Idaho.

already have the IPT Bulletproof Clutch Packs & Rebuild kit on the way, just considering options with the torque converter.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 10-24-2016 at 09:41 AM.

post #94 of 111 Old 01-06-2017, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
got around to doing an 05 console swap. no more shitty ass cup holder right above the center console that spills your drink all over your shifter and headunit.

then i was able to grab an astray bezel from subtle solutions:

my buddy made me an old school hot rod style shifter knob. way better than that old leather grampa shifter.

looks good with the gauge bezel... probably even better when i get the gauges in next week. i wish the flip down panel could have remained, but its built into the ashtray and not the housing.

dont forget to wave
post #95 of 111 Old 01-06-2017, 06:53 PM
WRXtuners Member

Ruso is more helpful than not
Garage
You should have an admin move this to the builds section :-D I totally missed the whole thread until just now!

Hell yes!
post #96 of 111 Old 01-07-2017, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
yea been meaning to do that.

also for some reason when posting / responding in the build section, it doesnt show up in "recent discussions" on the right side of the page.

maybe if an admin reads this he can fix both?

dont forget to wave
post #97 of 111 Old 01-16-2017, 07:23 AM
Vew

Vew is more helpful than not
Send a message via AIM to Vew
Sorry, my email didn't give me a notification, and I just now noticed it. Moved now with a permanent redirect.

You can post in the Help Desk to get the attention of an Admin.
titter likes this.

Jon
Subaru Ambassador
post #98 of 111 Old 01-16-2017, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
good to know ty!

dont forget to wave
post #99 of 111 Old 01-18-2017, 03:33 PM
WRXtuners Member

Strider327 is an unknown
Awesome job.
titter likes this.
post #100 of 111 Old 01-19-2017, 02:12 AM
WRXtuners Member

Ruso is more helpful than not
Garage
Pew pew pew! You have magically appeared in the build forum! :-D
titter likes this.
post #101 of 111 Old 01-21-2017, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
everything comes back out again for some Por 15

SAVE THOSE FLOORPANS!!

i can FINALLY put my interior back together for the last time... maybe... well the front part anyways... i still have to tackle the trunk area.

dont forget to wave
post #102 of 111 Old 01-27-2017, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
its been over a year without an interior. kinda nice getting evrything back together.

i was able to wash all my interior panels... you say dog tub? i say parts washer lol.

few more goodies came in. 2 oil temps (one for engine one for trans) and a rallitek 4EAT trans mount insert with a new oem trans mount.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 01-27-2017 at 08:40 AM.
post #103 of 111 Old 01-30-2017, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Non-ABS Master Cylinder for the ABS delete.

gonna try this stuff. its similar to ATB.

why ABS delete? well the 02/03 ABS system is glitchy at best. it freaks out over pot holes or when 1 tire loses extreme traction quickly (like black ice). i thought it was just mine but i looked around and lots of other people experience the same. so away it goes! plus it will save me some weight over the nose and give me good pedal feel. every car i had up untill this one did not have ABS so im used to driving without it anyways.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 02-01-2017 at 02:30 PM.
post #104 of 111 Old 02-04-2017, 07:51 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
IPT torque converter and bulletproof clutch packs

dont forget to wave
post #105 of 111 Old 02-04-2017, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Custom 4EAT V7 STI Dash Cluster made by G-ROM Cluster Flashing https://www.facebook.com/GROMClusters/

will have OAT functionality. something i never had before. will need an OAT sensor. it is 73730FE010 if anyone is interested.

dont forget to wave