V8 Spec C EJ207 swap to 4EAT - Page 4 - Subaru WRX Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 100 Old 03-10-2016, 08:05 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
So what's the timeline looking for completion?

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 100 Old 03-10-2016, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
shooting for this weekend if nothing else comes up. one of the front STI axels i am upgrading to was knackered and had to do another last minute part source lol. dealing with the same amount of rust when i did the suspension. bolts are shearing took upwards of 8 hours for the steering rack.

but thats mod life!

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 03-10-2016 at 02:14 PM.
post #48 of 100 Old 03-10-2016, 09:03 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Awesome man! Fingers crossed for you!
titter likes this.

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
post #49 of 100 Old 03-11-2016, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
dropped the wheels and axles off. probably still be another week. definitely not this weekend. maybe mid week.

still needs to do the axles, diff, bushings, gauges, brakes.

the avcs is wired up. re-pinned the harness with shielded wire. no iap harness. car started first time no issues

i was soo excited i forgot to take pictures of what he did with the oil cooler. its mounted behind the fog light on a custom bracket. it gets a bit of air from the brake ducts for daily driving and when on the strip/track i just pull out the passenger fog light and its a direct scoop to the cooler core.

i'll be sure to take a bunch of pictures of everything when i get the car back.

some serious sleepless nights are coming...

dont forget to wave
post #50 of 100 Old 03-17-2016, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
sunday sunday SUNDAY!!!

work will be done sunday, tune will follow a few days after. no more delay's! just as the snow is melting and the sun is shining

dont forget to wave
post #51 of 100 Old 03-22-2016, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
more delay's...fml

its been nice and sunny for a week or so, snow is almost all gone. but we're supposed to get a massive storm. 20cm snow/15mm rain/ lots of hail.... yay nature!! why does this matter? thursday was my tune day. why would a storm affect my tune day? its being street tuned. why is it being street tuned? its automatic and its better to street tune it. automatics dont like dyno's.

just keep thinking of the light at the end of the tunnel... lol

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 03-25-2016 at 05:59 PM.
post #52 of 100 Old 03-22-2016, 09:49 AM
WRXtuners Member

LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful LW_Black4 is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
It'll be worth the wait, @titter

From experience it's best to be patient and do it right the first time. "It's a journey, not a destination."

Pictures too, mate.
titter likes this.

Laszlo - blue '04 WRX
Meet the turbocharged rally-bred Subaru WRX.
post #53 of 100 Old 03-22-2016, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
yea i know, im just grumpy from not having a car for 6 weeks lol... i have to get up early for work and stuff... grumble grumble

dont forget to wave
post #54 of 100 Old 03-25-2016, 02:01 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention
I was up your way last weekend. Although I was a bit to busy with rally cars to do much else I will be headed back probably within a month or less.
titter likes this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 WRX 2.0L
08' LGT Gears
Spec C goodies
post #55 of 100 Old 03-28-2016, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage

hopefully picking it up this week. will be on wastegate pressure for a week or two to put some KM's on it.
psinuse and sleepr like this.

dont forget to wave
post #56 of 100 Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
so i received the wrong ecu when i bought the motor. im hoping jdmracingmotors will exchange what i have for the right one.

my ecu is 22611AL380 and is for a 06/07 V9 Spec C and it is immobilized

22611AH591 is the version 8 sti spec c and 22611AH581 is the version 8 sti.

early model V9 ECU's were un-immobilized and numbered 22611AJ810 or 22611AJ820 im told will work but im gonna try for the proper v8 ecu.

the car is otherwise done. it runs fine on a spare v7 jdm ecu and also fine on the usdm ecu so its just this last piece of the puzzle.

*update*

problem solved. they are swapping my immobilzed ecu for me no hassle. more stars for jdmracingmotors.com. always willing to make things right.

i would say something like "up and running by the weekend" but im finished guessing lol... its done when its done

*update*update*

was given a jdm forester ecu 22611AG561. ROM Cal ID A4TE002C/A4TE002Q is being loaded on via open source. pending final tune.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 04-13-2016 at 04:03 PM.
post #57 of 100 Old 04-13-2016, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage

shes home!

we had some flashing problems. couldnt flash the sti base map to the forester ecu due to an EcuFlash error (low voltage during flash). but to our delight it started right up anyways, no CEL's.

its on 11psi of wastegate pressure untill its tune. its running incredibly rich... probably in the 9's at WOT which is good and safe untill i get it tuned in the coming days. oil pressure is spot on, and so is engine temp.

i gave myself a little pat on the back for all the heat management i took the time to do. the TMIC was ice cold and i was easily able to touch the turbo heat shield. not for long, but touch it none-the-less. considering the size of the P25 Twin Scroll exhaust housing... i figured this was pretty impressive.

aside from the added avcs wires (which was not the IAP harness, but re-pinned shielded wire) there has been no modification to the main harness. everything has been relatively plug and play to the automatic transmission.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 04-18-2016 at 05:17 PM.
post #58 of 100 Old 04-18-2016, 10:31 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention
So did you make your own wiring harness for the AVCS?

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 WRX 2.0L
08' LGT Gears
Spec C goodies
post #59 of 100 Old 04-19-2016, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
yip. well not actually "me"... but the shop did. was pretty simple actually. he showed me how it was all wired up. pretty neat, all done with shielded wire to prevent interference. of course these guys have done dozens of 207 swaps (also factory service manuals help). thier first was a V9 they built in 2006 that is still on the road today 10 years later.

as good as i am with a wrench, electrical is my achilles heel

getting tuned today! then i can finally post how this car actually runs! so far its just been alot of talk and pictures. but really i dont know how this thing is going to shift, or if the 4EAT will even hold it. everything up untill now has just been speculation. i mean, most of the internet said this wouldnt work to begin with, no really i dont have much to go on how this car is going to run.

the tuner is gonna give me a "sporty" tune he called it. i dont want to be conservative at all, just safe. i told him to push what we can for now, then i'll log for a few days and he'll apply the adjusted tables to a new map and then we start drag racing!

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 04-21-2016 at 08:29 AM.
post #60 of 100 Old 04-21-2016, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
this thing pulls like a monster and its only on 16psi while i put some miles on it. being re-tuned in about a week. 4EAT is taking the grunt so far. downshifts great when i stomp it. only when from a dead stop and i floor it, when it shifts from 1->2 there is a weee bit of slippage. but it feels like its doing it on purpose to smooth out the power. it feels like its feathering the clutch when launching with a manual. this could be intended or it could be the clutch packs. but there is no clunking into gear at all so this is very curious.

this was the first time i have been able to thrash it and the oil got hot enough for the oil cooler to start working and it turns out theres a small oil leak. i know its cooler related because it didnt leak at all for the week i had it before the tune. put about 300km on the car and nothing leaked. but i drove like a granny and the cooler thermostat probably never got hot enough to open and reveal the leak. gonna put it on ramps tonight and find out.

dont forget to wave