V8 Spec C EJ207 swap to 4EAT - Page 3 - Subaru WRX Forum
 31Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 100 Old 02-15-2016, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
its officially out of my hands. dropped it off today at the builders. should be ready by sunday. this is where the real fun beings. the tricks i get to learn from rally champions

i'll try to get a good sound clip, but its not being put on a dyno. its being street tuned since its automatic.

there is a pressure line to the 4EAT that you can mod to build pressure in the valve body for better launches. also since automatics hold their boost and the BPV does nothing, we might delete it and have some mad turbo noises. he runs his rally cars like this and his wife's outback ran like that for 2+ years.

the best part was when he looked at me with a huge smile and said "you want to do something fun?"

yes... yes i do

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 100 Old 02-17-2016, 09:18 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Without having a BPV when you are WOT an let off your turbo is going to stall because the boost has nowhere to go but back through the turbo itself. Yes your right between shifts you BPV does nothing but your foot will lift up at some point

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
post #33 of 100 Old 02-17-2016, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
yea looking into it still. shouldnt have said does nothing, little exaggerated lol sry. but probably wont happen. my only worry is when drag racing. having a throttle snap closed at full WOT can do bad things... fun noises or not.

the pressure line mod for the 4eat will probably happen if theres enough time. its actually a resistor you add to the TCU. but its a last minute idea and hes a busy guy so it might have to wait a while if we cant get it done in the time he has alotted.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 02-24-2016 at 04:46 PM.
post #34 of 100 Old 02-24-2016, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
turns out im an idiot and forgot what a thermostat does.

the oem oil cooler will not be deleted. it is the only source of cooling on the spec c engines (aside from radiant cooling). but finding a cooler core seemed difficult so this is happening instead.

the reason for this is i was worried about over cooling the oil in -45C temps that we see here in candian winters. but the cooler is thermostatic, and doesnt open unless its too hot and then closes if its too cold. huge oversight on my behalf.

the cooler will be modded to fit AN fittings like this: (you will need to find steel AN fittings for this as most are aluminium)

will be plumbed using -8 AN to a B&M oil cooler

a little DIY stencil action. printed on paper, then traced to file folder, then cut with razor blade. file folders make really good stencil material.

and voila!

on a side note. the grimmspeed "cherry blossom red" is not red at all. its the jdm pink.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 03-01-2016 at 08:46 AM.
post #35 of 100 Old 03-01-2016, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage

march 12th it should be on the road 100% tuned and ready to go.
sleepr likes this.

dont forget to wave
post #36 of 100 Old 03-04-2016, 03:04 PM
WRXtuners Member

jamescannondale is an unknown
I have a 2005 Subaru STI Impreza. I blew the engine yesterday. Can anyone here recommend a good source to buy a good jdm engine from ?
post #37 of 100 Old 03-04-2016, 03:05 PM
WRXtuners Member

I live in Houston and all I see is junk yards in Houston. I would like a complete engine.
post #38 of 100 Old 03-04-2016, 03:09 PM
WRXtuners Member

I found one at Engine World Inc for @$2500. It is a complete engine. Has anyone bought from Used Japanese Engines & Transmissions ?
post #39 of 100 Old 03-05-2016, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
update:

so the mishimoto y pipe didnt get used as i switched to an STI V9 intercooler at the last minute due to fitment issues.

overall i wouldnt order the mishimoto kit again. the silicone is nice and strong. very well bolstered where it needs to be, but none of the clamps fit. this may be due to the jdm have different sized ports but the hoses fit just fine, but the clamp would not fit where they were meant to go. i kept them though because they are still high quality t-bolt clamps.

the cooler core is not mounted in its usual location infront of the a/c condenser. i was worried it would get damaged. its in a place where it can get airflow without being exposed. i havent seen it yet but it takes the airflow from the brake ducts apparently while still getting airflow to the brakes.

we are in the talks of adding water/meth as E85 wont happen on the stock ecu. so its either add water/meth or buy a haltech. both cost around the same in the long run. AEM v2 https://tougetuning.com/shop/aem-v2-...injection-kit/

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 03-07-2016 at 10:01 AM.
post #40 of 100 Old 03-06-2016, 12:56 AM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamescannondale View Post
I have a 2005 Subaru STI Impreza. I blew the engine yesterday. Can anyone here recommend a good source to buy a good jdm engine from ?
Quote:
I live in Houston and all I see is junk yards in Houston. I would like a complete engine.
Quote:
I found one at Engine World Inc for @$2500. It is a complete engine. Has anyone bought from Used Japanese Engines & Transmissions ?
Hey there James,

These posts deserve their own thread (as opposed to being off topic posts in this thread). Please check out the forum page and use the button at the top left to create a new thread (in the newbie section):

Newbie Forum - Subaru WRX Forum

The bonus is that more people will see it and be able to help you!

Welcome to the site!
sleepr
boo-key and titter like this.

Matt
Stroked and stoked!
post #41 of 100 Old 03-06-2016, 10:50 AM
WRXtuners Member

RoboTuner is a helpful contributing member
You should send me that V8 tmic
post #42 of 100 Old 03-07-2016, 06:44 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
@RoboTuner didnt come with one. i think the owner in japan had a front mount. i was trying to fit a 527cc bar and plate tmic (sti is 500ish-cc) but it wouldnt work.

dont forget to wave
post #43 of 100 Old 03-09-2016, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage

Rota SDR 17x7.5 +48. bought new Goodyear Eagle GT 225/45R17 94W 560TW

the eagle GT's are now called Eagle Sport All Season Ultra High Performance. came with a 80,000km warranty. almost went with Hankook Ventus V12 K120s (not the k110s), but a friend suggested the eagle gt's. he runs them on his built chevy S10 (big block, demon carb, holly headers, etc) and they are great.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 04-04-2016 at 08:42 AM.
post #44 of 100 Old 03-09-2016, 06:15 PM
WRXtuners Member

sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful sleepr is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Those look like the old Prodrive PF07 style, a really good looking wheel on our cars! Look forward to seeing some pics of them on the car.

Matt
Stroked and stoked!
post #45 of 100 Old 03-09-2016, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
i would do alot of dirty things for a set of PF07 in white....

dont forget to wave