V8 Spec C EJ207 swap to 4EAT - Page 2 - Subaru WRX Forum
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 111 Old 01-07-2016, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage
thanks man! these are things i like to know any known cause? is it too much heat or something?

the jdm spec c inlet is already bigger than normal. the internal diameter is the same as most silicon inlets with 2.4" turbo connection. i really dont want to have to do my turbo inlet untill i upgrade the turbo a ways down the road as i will be going 3".

Bugeye EJ207 Spec C 4EAT Wagon
happiness is measured in smiles per gallon
dont forget to wave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 111 Old 01-07-2016, 08:48 AM
WRXtuners Member

GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful GSMNZ is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
Yes I believe my tuner pointed the issue to the heat causing it to shrink over time. Again I know Perrin makes quality products. I have their BigMAF Intake on my last set-up and it was great. But the Perrin Inlet not so much.
titter likes this.

05 WRX Wagon - 409 AWHP / 334 WTQ Wicked Matt Tuned
post #18 of 111 Old 01-09-2016, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention titter is a WRX tech God, pay attention
Garage

thats a wrap folks!
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2298336
Thermotec Turbo Wrap Kit http://www.thermotec.com/products/15...ating-kit.html

dont forget to wave

post #19 of 111 Old 01-11-2016, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage

here is an OEM timing belt kit we pieced together for the EJ207 (typed for clarity)

1) Tensioner - 13033AA042
2) Timing Belt - 13028AA240
3) Small Idler - 13073AA230
4) Toothed Idler - 13085AA080

the other 2 dont have normal subaru stickers or part #'s but the box says PU306030FRR9H above the barcode. both are identical and from the dealership. these are all parts i purchased.

new fluid & filter also going in the trans as well

proper drain and drop method. do not power flush a 14 yr old 4EAT. you will explode the insides.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 01-11-2016 at 05:45 PM.
post #20 of 111 Old 01-14-2016, 01:36 PM
WRXtuners Member

psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention psinuse is a WRX tech God, pay attention
I have always used gates timing belt kits for mine.
GSMNZ and titter like this.

Resident Grumpy Old Man(Keith)
03 WRX 2.0L
08' LGT Gears
Spec C goodies
post #21 of 111 Old 01-15-2016, 06:42 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
yea heard plenty good things about the gates kit. but with the canadian dollar so low, ordering one was only going to be $20 less than that oem parts lol

what gates kit do you use?

dont forget to wave
post #22 of 111 Old 01-22-2016, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
so i found some water in my rear footwell and wondered why because noones ever in my back seat. things got a little out of hand lol trying to solve the problem...

and then i found the problem...

welcome to the canadian rust belt. thats the passenger side. drivers side is twice as bad.

Replacement Panels. Might as well go all out. no sense half-assing anything now.

if anyone is looking for panels since this is a common problem

going to get coated inside and out with Por15
RoboTuner likes this.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 02-10-2016 at 10:10 AM.
post #23 of 111 Old 02-02-2016, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
lets get away from this depressing rust.... back to the good stuff. almost all my parts have arrived!!

Prosport EVO Boost, Wideband & Oil Pressure

JDM STI Solid Steering Link, Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings, TiC Diff Bushings, Kartboy Rear Outrigger Bushings & Subframe Lockdown Bolts

STI Group N Motor Mounts, Grimmspeed 3 Port EBCS, Perrin Pitch Stop Mount

things still to come: walbro255 fuel pump, ngk colder spark plugs, and lachute twin scroll turboback

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 02-03-2016 at 01:08 PM.
post #24 of 111 Old 02-04-2016, 04:38 PM

mosc is known to be trustworthy and helpful mosc is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Garage
the #### is a twin scroll turboback?

2015 STi: Still Stock
04 STi, 04 WRX: SOLD
post #25 of 111 Old 02-04-2016, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
exhaust sorry lol

dont forget to wave
post #26 of 111 Old 02-10-2016, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage

lol

really though... gotta stop all this power or a wall/tree will do it for me lol. and i'll still be able to use my winter 16"s smoking deal. came with pads/rotors AND the kartboy bracket.

dont forget to wave

Last edited by titter; 02-12-2016 at 02:15 PM.
post #27 of 111 Old 02-12-2016, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
New Pads, Rotors, & Lines for the 4/2 pots

dont forget to wave
post #28 of 111 Old 02-12-2016, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
BEFORE

AFTER

just need to find some cherry blossom red to touch up the STI. grimmspeed sells it but its like $40 a can

dont forget to wave
post #29 of 111 Old 02-14-2016, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
WRXtuners Member

Garage
Lachute Twin Scroll Cat-Less 3" Turbo Back Exhaust

they use high end magnaflow muffler and resonator. both straight through design.

all wrapped up ready for installation. one full 50' roll 1" wide of DEI Titanium wrap

welds on this entire product are beautiful. this is definitely a well made product. comes with the bung needed for the front O2 sensor as well as a wide-band bung. also has the 3rd mini-cat fix for the rear O2 sensor. they think of everything.

dont forget to wave
post #30 of 111 Old 02-15-2016, 08:26 AM
WRXtuners Member

RoboTuner is known to be trustworthy and helpful RoboTuner is known to be trustworthy and helpful
Magnaflow has been proven to allow the most flow at WOT as well as being saddle when you don't want it to be loud. Good looks and I'm waiting for videos!
titter likes this.